New He-111 3d-model proposal

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spindl, Nov 25, 2004.

1. spindl

spindl Active Member

I have created 3d model for He-111. This is my first try to create a 3d model for WB. I have tried to contact pgmonstr to give me reference files for WB 3dmodel creation. Sadly, I never received any reply from him.
    There is a site on general guidelines on how to create 3d models for WB http://www.wio.ru/aviasim/wb3d-mod.htm . However, the Hurricane.zip is a broken link- so I do not have any idea on how the plane should look in 3d for WB. However, I was able to download this file a year ago, so I have a general impression on what it looks like.
    The 3d model I created is because I heard someone asking to put this plane into WB scenario. I believe the current 3d model used for He111 is in historical arena, and it uses Ju-88s model. Well, fear no more- I can create any model for WB, I have a great deal of interest on expanding Warbirds rolling plane set. I think Allsop was asking to put Fiat Cr.42. No problem! I can create any 3d polygon model from a scratch.
    But I do need some more information and reference files on sample 3d models whom to submit and cooperate with in order to get these great planes flying. I dont even know who are the admins I should refer to.
    The following 2 pictures are He-111 model I created. I can convert these models into any files- this one being a 3dmax. The model was not converted from previous Warbird models- this was created from a scratch. The model contains 1051 polygons. On Pgmonster's site he asks for 500 polygons for a fighter, however He111's being a bomber and of bigger size, I think is an acceptable value. Changing and reducing polygons is not a problem- I need more information on the guidelines and some sample files.
    As I said before, I am very interested in creating more planes for WB. Here's a site for reference on what planes could be put into WB. http://wmilitary.neurok.ru/wwiiap.html

2. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Great!:super:

We need it in the Battle of Britain scenario! I hope the FH developers will coop with you for the joining in He111.

Hold on

3. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

If you could build a 3d modle for the CR.42 I would be your non-kinky slave for life!

Ok....Maybe Id just make ya a sandwhich or something, but it would be cool, I can get you any information you need :)

4. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Man, that's awesome. Hats off.

5. spindl

spindl Active Member

thanks! It really pays to have a good feedback. I still need to tweak a couple of things in that model- bottom gunner, fix the cross, a few things. I hope this attracts developers into giving me some more information on what to do next. BTW, check out my Cr.42 fiat model I created today, took me maybe good 4 hours, but I've done it. Alsop, so whats it going to be- non-kinky slave, or sandwich? ;-) I guess I'll take the sandwhich :) I had to sit all 4 hours non-stop and havent eaten anything all the while.

6. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Wow! You da man spindl! :) :)

WTG for all your hard work mate, I really hope it has some end results. The He-111 and CR42 would be great starts

7. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

One favourite for me Spindl:

Dewoitine D.520

Your endeavour is great, but for successful implementation for new planes are most important data for the FM. And as i know - for most of types collecting these data are very difficult. Without this no plane can be successfuly modeled. So without other developer support your work is useless. And im not sure what situation is now in dev tem on FH, if any...

BTW we would need new 3D model for Hawker Tempest which actualy use the Typhoon's model, etc.

Long time ago here was discussion also about the new types for the FH, i also offered some FM data, but feedback by devs was simply nothing:

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10505&referrerid=566

8. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

i guess Hawk 75 would be more useful; it has seen much more combat than D.520.. and could be used for both sides

eh.. and .. yes.. its very nice, what you are doing :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  9. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

I've read that tutorial for WB 3d models a long time ago... I received a hurricane sample to see how to make a new one...

I have a nice 3d model for he-111 (I sent to Sonar from FHR but nothing till now)...

You could try to convert it to LightWave or 3dStudio and send again to FHR team (I guess the convertion to LW or 3DS is the problem for sonar)...

please contact me by ICQ if you are interested.

[]'s
    franz-

10. spindl

spindl Active Member

No problem, RedBull. I will start on the Devointine model today. And will make the tempest model as well after D.520, because it does look different from Typhoon's.
    I have no problem creating 3D models, it's what I like to do- don't think I'll become discouraged by the passiveness of others. If anyone becomes more or less inspired to investigate some time into researching and giving more help into pushing this into development- all the better. Meanwhile, I'll keep teasing people with these models.

11. spindl

spindl Active Member

Okay, gents, no more lightwave conversion problem- the model has been converted to lightwave format and it looks a lot cleaner than in 3ds max. Here's a pic to gaze at.

12. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

RedBull, If you look in a few of my recent threads I have alot of data on the CR.42. But If you could give me a list of more specific data I would gladly find it.

As far as the sandwhich, I need your order :)

But seriously REDBULL, I am determined enough to want the CR.42 here that I would gladly find the information and in an act of awesomeness spindl has already given us an AMAZING 3d modle.....The way I see it, dont we just need to fill in the blanks?

13. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Lower right wingtip lacks texture, only frames. Is it just rendering problem or are these faces really missing ?
    Nice model anyway :)

Hmm, I wonder if WB could work with better quality models - 3k polys. Planes would look quite decent :rolleyes: This could be a different version for players with better pc's. Yeah, I'll keep on dreaming... :) :@drunk:

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

nice work

15. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

D.520 model has been made long ago by datel. And there was lot of discussion with devs, but problem remains importing of 3d models. It seems not to be very easy.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  16. strafe

strafe Guest

17. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

Tread forwarded to PGmonster.

18. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Would be really nice if both He-111 and CR.42 were accepted.

19. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

hoo nice work :)

20. spindl

spindl Active Member

Thank you, hardy. But could you explain whether PGmonster would be able to help us in this matter?