See Only What You Want to See...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by squirl, Feb 17, 2006.

1. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Saddam's WMD

What I see:

-Iraq had no nuclear weapons program (halted by Israeli Osirak strike in 1981)
    -Iraq had chemical and/or biological weapons
    -Iraq sent these weapons to Syria under the cover of "huminatarian aid" in the June of 2002

What you may see:

-The video is from FOX news
    -Georges Sada will "write anything to sell books"
    -Georges Sada's claims are almost impossible to prove

My response:

FOX news is not the only organization which reported Georges Sada's claims, the U.S. Departments of Defense and State are currently pursuing this story:
    source

This is still a developing story. Investigations and analysis of various media retrieved from Iraq will yield insight into whether Iraq had WMD. At the very least, these new developments have reopened (perhaps blown wide open) the debate on Iraq's WMD.

2. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

What i see is that you're looking for an excuse to keep on a war that should have never started. After invading Syria i bet you'll discover that they moved the WMD to Iran, Korea, or whatever target your president desires.

And i also see that you believe all they want you to believe.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Then I would have to ask why, in the months preceeding September 11th, did both Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell publicly state, very clearly and without any doubt, that Iraq possessed no WMDs whatsoever?

I believe it was Rice in March 2001, and Powell in August 2001. Or the other way around perhaps. But they were clear and unequivocal in their view.

4. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

You are actually proving my point. This thread is all about how Saddam Hussein was able to convince the world that he was not a threat, that he had no WMDs. It was 9/11 which made the Bush administration more suspicious of the tyrants in that part of the world.

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

I just want to shake you. Just grab your shoulders and shake and shake and shake and just yell at you, "STOP IT. STOP THIS FUCKING NONSENSE RIGHT NOW."

3 people like this.
  6. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Iran should be next for GWB, no?

what with the nuclear projects and all, and not letting IAEA in to inspect.

I dont like the prospect of ANYONE (except me) have access to nukes, but unless a miracle happens the Iranians will feel the pointy end of the stick soon, I guess.

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Not unless an alien invasion fleet from Mars chooses Iran as the place to establish the first beachhead, because I doubt America will seriously want to get involved in another shooting war for a while.

8. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    The USA sends WMD disguised as Humanitarian Aid.
    Been doing it ever since, well, even BEFORE, Israel became a state.
    Wait, um, sorry, what is WMD again? Oh, that's right, it is Washington's lame Newspeak:
    Weapons Other Than Our Own Nukes and BIO stocks and CHEM stocks.
    Weapons in countries OTHER than USA [and England and Israel]

Afi:
    YOU and PEOPLE like you better fuckin DO SOMETHING before that government you did NOT elect attacks and kills ALL brown people.

Somalia has weapons of mass destruction, but they are all VERY EFFECTIVELY disguised to resemble Unfertile NonIrrigated, Windblown Desert Sands.

(Official Spokesman) "Cuba has WMD. look at the satelite photo here!"
    (Non Stupid Person) "That looks like a 1946 Nash Rambler to me..."
    (Official Spokesman) "Oh? Look at this then!"
    (Non Stupid Person) "That is a team of oxen hauling a big bundle of straw. [Why do cuban farmers still use oxen, anyway?]"
    (Official Spokesman) Oxen are carriers of the BIO weapon BSE. Cuban BSE already attacked 1 cow in Canada and we were forced to embargo Canadian Beef for four years. Bad bad Cubans.
    (Non Stupid Person) You and your crew are fucking liars. Warmongers.
    (Official Spokesman) You are not a patriot. You are disagreeing. You are a danger. You are under arrest.
    (Non Stupid Person) WAIT, YOU CAN'T DO THAT! Stop! Ow ow ouch. STOP! Why are you doing this? OW OW OW, OUCH. Why are these men beating me? [Help!!!!]
    (Official Spokesman) You stupid ass, you shouldn't have talked, you shouldn't have said a thing. YOUR congress signed The Patriot Act into law, YOU did it, stupid. You are a waste of food. WE HAVE CONTROL now. Take him away.
    No, don't bother with an arrest. Too much paperwork, just, well, Get rid of a problem, okay. Don't tell anyone.
    No no no. Soon, congress will allow this and we can come out into the open. Don't worry, Colonel North, we will explain it all if you are caught. No no, not like last time. THIS time, you have your president's FULL support. No I won't sign that. No. Get it away from me. You should know; No recordings, no vids, no signatures.
    Take the little creep away and take care of him.
    Your president and congress need you.
    Aren't you a patriot?

9. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

No, Sweden should be next, yes.

And I haven't heard that IAEA have inspected swedish nukeplants. Why? Sweden is hiding something...

:D

1 person likes this.
  10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Don't tell it, or they'll change heading looking for you Europian Communist Bastards....

:D

11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I wonder if the U.N. weapons inspectors in Iraq see any WMD. I guess now that the U.S. has bombed Baghdad to pieces with shock and awe it will be easier to find WMD in all that rubble, lol.

Saddam Hussein was a CIA asset for almost 40 years, let's get him! lol

"tap tap tap"

"Skull and bones, do you accept?"

John Kerry: Hi George, good thing you won the election!
    George Bush: Ha Ha Ha, you always were a funny guy!
    John Kerry: Thanks George, see you at the tomb!
    George Bush: Ok, bye.
    John Kerry: Bye.

Hey look, there's that big owl I was telling you about...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  12. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

How about you let us respond before you respond to our response? :)

<Z>

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

So after years and years of training, and spending billions of pounds on organisations such as the CIA, Mossad, MI5 etc, he was able to completely hoodwink the West for 10 years. But then, within 3 months after Sept 11, we had all the evidence we needed to completely flatten a country, killing thousands upon thousands of completely innocent people in the process?

Hmmmm......

14. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

And also I have to ask, why were Rice and Powell allowed to continue with such respectability and power in the US administration, after having made such a faux pas as claiming the completely impotent (or words to that effect) Iraq were actually holding stockpiles of WMD, biological weapons, etc?

:confused:

15. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

The Allies did not know the extent of the Holocaust until they came across the concentration and extermination camps. This was not an intelligence failure on the Allies' part. It shows only how difficult it is to spy on totalitarian regimes.

With their colossal budgets, high-technology and extensive training, intelligence agencies can still not determine the exact number of nuclear weapons North Korea possesses.
    First of all, it was one year and 3 months. Second of all, the U.S. drew some conclusions based upon the lack of information provided by Saddam Hussein.

The U.S. built its case for the Iraq war upon Saddam Hussein's failure to fully comply with UN inspections, along with his refusal to answer the inquiries of the inspectors. You of all people should agree with this approach:
    And what conclusion is to be drawn from my supposed "noncompliance" with your UN-style "investigation?" It didn't take you "3 months" to gather "all the evidence you needed."

16. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

By the way, I started a thread about the reopening of the WMD debate, only to watch as Bush-haters criticize top U.S. officials for their comments that there were no WMDs in Iraq.

Could some anti-war activist please tell Glas that he is supposed to be criticizing George Bush for his claims that there were WMDs in Iraq?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  17. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Oh, the sweet, sweet irony of this post contrasted with the title of this thread.

18. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

it only means that YOU have an image problem :D

19. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Of course. If they call you bastard assassin (even if you're one), you don't want to cooperate with those who insulted you. But even with it, he allowed UN inspectors to enter his factories and energy plants. And what did they find? Nothing. So who are you blaming? Iraq or UN (USA amongst them inspectors)?

20. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

And this conclusion you base mainly into one source (Sada). Was Iraq capable to give humanitarian aid in year 2002? I thought they were in a bigger troubles then Syria at that time....

If there were such flights, then they were made in a "no-fly-zone" which was under U.S. (well, more or less) command. So, such flights (The flights - 56 in total, Mr. Sada said - attracted little notice because they were thought to be civilian flights providing relief from Iraq to Syria, which had suffered a flood after a dam collapse in June of 2002./Quote from NYSun) would definetly leave a flightplans or confirmations somewhere.

But it was probably an europian conspiracy to humiliate US. Otherwise the communist regime might not rule the world after 2008.