We're fucked.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by sebbo, Nov 2, 2004.

1. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Isn't people doing this.
    it is "a person or persons"
    There is a problem in perceptions and this type of thing repeats again and again.
    Big loud violent devestating deadly tempestuous terrible things are sexy, they get noticed and PUSHED, PUSHED by press and rumour and fool many into thinking this kind of sexy news is the norm.
    Holland has, what, 70 or so millions?
    So, really, how Big loud violent devestating deadly tempestuous terrible is "life in wartorn netherlands?"
    No, really?

Please Remain Calm
    Form a line by the nearest fire exit, women and children only, men, go to the coat check where a representative will issue you a sidearm.. .. ..

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I think Holland has around 10-20 million, or thereabouts.

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

More significantly btw, it is the most densely populated country in the world afaik.

4. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

... Damned semantics! But yeah, you're right! My bad, I meant "persons". Don't forget, English isn't my first language! :)
    True. The press is a large factor in both the direct and indirect causes of the current troubles. Accidents aren't noticed, only foul play. At the same time, the press is largely responsible for the rise of racism in holland.... To illustrate, some headlines from Dutch papers:
    "Young man robbed by two morroccans" vs. "Woman raped by man". The latter was a Dutch man.... Why didn't they say "Woman raped by DUTCH man"???????? Same thing when those bombs went off in Madrid. "Two of the suspects are Morroccan". No one mentioned that 3 others were Indian, or that one was from Egypt.
    16 million at the moment :)
    [/quote]
    So, really, how Big loud violent devestating deadly tempestuous terrible is "life in wartorn netherlands?"
    No, really?

5. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

You'd think with the amount of dope floating around Holland pople would be fairly chilled out.

Mind you they do say too much dope makes you paranoid....

Mal

6. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

i never got a lift from a dutch guy.. never

from what i have seen (fwihs?) they are the greatest "lets take a car/van and travel around" one; you can see them all over the europe; mb 2nd most frequent after Germans.. still *never* got a lift from them

i got a lift from ppl from ireland, england, scotland, australia (sic), finland (never been to), danemark (never hitchiked in), morroco (never been to), spain, portugal, france, belgium (never been to), germany (german tourists in foreign countries helped many times actually), sweden, poland (never hitchhiked in), czecho'slovakia, hungary, austria, switzerland (never hitchiked in), slovenia, croatia, montenegro, serbia, romania(never been to)

excluding microstates and parts of europe i have never been to or havent hitchiked there (baltic states, bulgaria, ukraine, belarus, norway, greece)
    it's only Dutch and Italian ppl who never gave me a lift
    truly i believe it would be ok in Italy, i have just not met too many cars from there

i guess that's saying smth about this nation in general...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  7. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

Manoce:

Damned right it does! 80% of all Dutch people call themselves "tolerant".
    At the same time, 90% feels people from other countries are dangerous.... :? Makes no sense.....

Rest assured: if I had a car and I saw you standing by the side of the road, I'd take you with me! :)

8. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

i'm sure of that, sebbo :)

btw hitchhiking makes you think about our society.. unless you are in some good shire (usually deserted mountain region where one car passes in 1 hour) its always like many many many to 1; some of these "many" just behave like you don't exist, some look at you in fashion that you thank God that it is not normal to have submachine gun, some just have good time watching you

makes you think like this:
    [​IMG]

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I would be afraid to stop a dutch car then. :)

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Someone quoted me above and did say something about woman raped by man. woman killed by morrocan.
    We get that crap here too.
    In my town, there are 80 missing women. 40 have been identified as having been murdered by a psychopath. We think we have the psychopath, he gonna go to trail soon.
    Anyway, there are still 40 more women UNaccounted for.
    And guess what the newspaper says?:
    40 PROSTITUTES are missing.
    fuck.
    My brother in law was missing for three months befgore they found his body (in the bush - a hunting (drinking) accident)...
    Anyway, he was in the papers and NO headline said, Electrician missing.
    But if a prostitute is killed, then the headlines say, well, we all know what they say, as if trying to discount a tragedy.
    And they pretend they do NOT know their craft, like it is accidental...