Correct the flight models of....... suggestions

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by looseleaf, Jan 6, 2007.

1. gonads

gonads Well-Known Member

I did not say this in any racist manner. If I have caused any offence as a result of this, I wholeheartedly apologise.

bredrl

2. gonads

gonads Well-Known Member

then all i ask, as would most people when their aircrafts performance has been altered for better or worse, is that the data be made viewable in this forum. Preferably prior to its implementation.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

eh. hard to do. i will try.

4. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

LOL How about all planes start from scratch and everyone votes until a unanimous agreement is made about details of ALL planes, and all arenas are closed until we reach an agreement.

Someone earlier raised the best point of this argument thus far, in my not so humble opinion: learn to fly the planes AS THEY ARE MODELLED, don't try to force a plane to fly outside it's MODELLED parameters just because you 'think' or can even 'prove' it should do something that it DOESN'T DO in FH.

If you drive a pickup truck rated to carry a 1 ton payload, do you also expect it to get 35 miles per gallon? If you buy a Yugo, do you expect it to haul a piano?

Expectations are funny things.....

5. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

[​IMG]

7. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Oki. So can the P-51 FM be corrected ?

:D

8. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Yeah, right...IL2 is for noobies. I bet that's why most of good FH pilots moved to there...:rolleyes:

9. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

If I ever got a Yugo, I think my selfesteem would get to an all time low.
    (I have so little complexes, (or wtf the good english word is) I have a Huyndai today)

10. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Don't worry Reub, someday if all goes well you can buy a yugo, and get rid of that Pony of yours...

11. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

commie hypocrite

12. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I feel another ignore coming right up ;)

13. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

What fair "moderator" we have...:shuffle:

14. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Imo the best solution to get all the flight models right is to use ien warbirds 2.77 :). I would even like to see an arena with clean wb but with Fh internet settings. To be more precice in FH team there is a mathematician that worked up a code that minimizes visible delay. When i played polish at polish Freehost there was a anoying thing that you couldnt see when the enemy has a leed on you. It looked like he havent got the right angle for a kill but you saw tracers from him crossing the sky but hitting you anway. That delay really pissed me off. In russian FH its better. So Ien wb 2.77 on russian freehost would be fine for me. And damadge model from offline and it would be perfect :D .

15. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

All sounds nice, but Ien's 2.77 wasn't made to be realistic but balanced...

16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

well now we have neither realistic, nor balanced :p

(nah, I like it as it is, no matter HOW it really is, one can get used to anything
    I'm just whining for the fun of it ;) )

17. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

2.77 WITHOUT Jeeps and I'm back to WB :)

18. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

This happens to me in FH all the time. My pings aren't great, even though I have highspeed access, but I'm on the other side of the globe from the server. 150-250ms rough average. I've always figured it's something I just have to put up with to play for free.....

(My pings on TabaHost are around 50-75ms)

19. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

20. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Well...you're right in a way... the thing about it is:

Yes, when you see a pick-up truck and they tell you it's a pick-up truck, you get in and start driving expecting pick-up truck actions, when instead it's driving like VW bug with bad ball joints on an ice slick.....

THAT'S the big deal.

Some of us out here want to "fly" the plane that our fathers/grandfathers/mothers/grandmothers/uncles/aunts/brothers/sister/friends/
    heroes flew.....
    ...so we get in those planes only to find out they act and drive like something else...... NOT what the history books and personal accounts told us.

So if that's the FH game, well fine, we'll play it like they made it.
    HOWEVER call it what is is then and NOT a WW2 simulation.

Imagine an online race car game, the Trans- Am, where the Mustangs, Javeilin AMX and Camaros are real dogs to drive and the Barracudas, Challengers, or some BMW or Mercedes or VW racecars can easily be raced and wins.

Cars that never won a Trans-Am championship get to win at the cost of having to change the parameters of the real cars that won..... not really a simulation is it?

Therefore at least in some games everyone can drive whatever is available, that way it's Camaro vs. Camaro, Mustang vs. Mustang...even playing field without historical revisionism..... with a slight degree more of historical content.

What if the same thing would be done to any other historical on line game..??

Revisionisms,

SHIT! Already there are people who do not believe Michael Jackson is or ever was black!!!!

...of course some don't believe he/she/it was ever human too..... oh well...

there's always more beer or whiskey.....single blend malts.....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007