Dev's, for pete's sake do something about the P-38!!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Putz? Carefull man, dont be throwing jewish slang around. I belive you said you had a nick by the name of bullet, and that there was a night where I kept engaging you and everytime I got on your 6 you would just rip madly in all directions even stalling your spitfire "its impossible so i know you were really wild on the stick" so drunk, shitty pilot, whatever, and besides, that joke about toilet paper for your lips? Thats lame, I prefer "your mouth runs like a sick kittens but!"

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

A 'truely superior climbrate'?! What crap are you reading? The 109 had a better climbrate than the spit, but if it was ever 'truely superior' in FH then it has been fixed....it was slightly better.

You know jack-shit you ignorant little fuck.

3. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

If you keep replying to him, he will never go away.

regards, Oz

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

dont say a word about things u now nothin about ok?
    just try to outturn ANY of gold aircraft in f6f on current flightmodel and then talk;
    u think ur the only one who know how to extend flaps? ur that dumb or u think other ppl are that dumb that they do not use flaps?

just try it, then talk

and glas.. ur sig is very nice, just read it ;)

5. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

ahhhh we go there again .... ^^

6. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

nah big, no way im gonna get in this shit :)

7. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

What has any of this got to do with getting the p38 put right?

8. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

The f6f-5 handles just fine! You must be drunk! The think performs just as well as the ki61b/c IMHO with better speed, so dont talk about what you know nothing about your making yourself look stupid.

The spitfire wasnt the great war machine you all think it was untill the XIV rolled and the entire plane was IMHO a waiste of time as it took alot of man hours and the hurricane's were holding their own untill the fw190 which could have been met with the typhoon or tempest and by then even the p51.

The 109 was a hotrod, I still cant belive that reds can standby the spitfire even though it can roll 50 feet and climb straight up at a 80-90 degree angle to 1k feet with little more than a grunt. Thats defying gravity! The test was done with 100 fuel and full ammo, with flaps down the results were ever more sickening......but you keep lying to yourselfs, whatever gets you through the night.

9. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Before I talk about the P-38 issue, I will indulge this tangent that this thread has gotten onto. It is very simple, in a Spit vs 109 fight in a Spit, do an Immelmann. Better yet, after the first Immelmann, lower your flaps and do a second slow and gentle Immelmann. The 109 has now lost much of its self esteem and dives to the deck to escape its annihilation. Additionally, dodge 109's head-on as it gives a higher combined speed to make his shot impossible. Just pretend to go HO, then veer off at about d10. I know... the 30mm 109's might scare you from dodging head-on, but you still have the best chance of dodging if you go head-on. Today I was a veteran of the fight of CV5 to F4/21, and I managed to win every one-on-one or one-on-two I engaged in with a lowly Seafire. The Immelmann trick worked very nicely after the head-on dodge. With a lot of skill, patience and discipline, a Spitfire on FH can be extremely deadly. If only the A6M, Ki-43 and Ki-61 had... that is another topic.

Anyway, regarding the P-38 dilemma, I cannot help but suggest you fly the regular 2.77 Warbirds (no FH installed). The P-38 turns marginally in that version-better if you use flaps. The 109 and 190 turn at a more believable rate, and the P-47 and P-51 are both exclusively energy fighters... like they should be. The Japanese fighters in that version turn very well but lack some of the energy-fighting benefits of heavier western fighters. A 2.77 Spitfire will out turn German planes but not most Japanese planes. Sounds like what you hear actually happened in the WW2 air war? Then it seems the flight modeling in Warbirds 2.77 is very close to what both sides want out of the Free Host. I mean no disrespect to the testers and developers, but if you constantly need to change the flight modeling of the planes on FH, will you ever get it right?

10. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

squirl, you and i andmany others know this, but it just aintsinking in to the ones that count here :(.

allsop, how come your the only one complaining here about the spit being a super plane? the spitfire is an excellent well rounded fighters, best in no catagories, but very good in all. and youhave diarhea of the mouth once again, i am not a stick stirrer, i do evasives, barrel rolls skids, you name it. ya know i once read sometime ago aquote from a pilot that reflected on a dogfight in which a con was on his six, he stated, the rounds going past his aircraft looked like fireworks (something to that effect) and he heard soem hithis aircraft too, then it dawned on him, that in his training and told to him by much more experienced pilots, that to do nothing, is a sure way to die. so pull hard, skid left or right. the point is to try something, even if you tear your wings off in a full throttle dive. if your doomed then you are doomed, but to do nothing is stupid! i do not go crazy on the stick, i do evasives, that are in fact historical. get your facts straight.

oh and allsop just for the record, you are not the most hated person on free host, that position is held for -xela-, who sends insults in personal message bar whilst i fight for my virtual life against many cons trying to distract, but to no avail. another thing, this jerk -xela- spams the 100 messagebar, all the time. can admins take away his message bar rights?? this would increase the fun factor in the game as not to see this idiot do such things.

sorry kangaa didn't mean to change subject of the p-38, but what squirl says about 2.77 or even 2.76 the p-38 would be where i think you, me, and many others want it to be. and not just the p-38 many other aircraft.

<S>

11. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

when i first started flying gold somtimes. I absaloutly refused to fly anything with 30mms on it, becasue as red only till then i know the frustration of having a 3 to 1 kills to deaths ratio drop to 50-50 in a day or two as u find your self in patren of roll ingage ping twr 1 30mm roll see vulcher split s pinge 1/2 way trew it twr 1 30mm. roll bounce 109 get 40 12mms in him over 3-4 mins chasing him threw scisors and stick jerks. cheak 6 shit 190 start to roll out in hard evasive ping twr 1 30mm. roll get bounced in bad sittuation, ho or dive only choice both ping twr 1 30mm. umm i just died 20 times and only 3 times were with 20mms. and any cons i killed unless they dint see me dont take one spray of trigger and 2 seconds to score my kill. i must engages aim, trick or outpefrom my oponets. they only plane that use to come anywere near the same on reds side was hurrican b4 its flight pefomance was made worse then the earlie 109s and the hispano went from a 1-4 bullet cefuel gun to a 8-20 finaly got a stab or pk gun. and i remeber so many gold use to bitch about both hurri and hispanos. think back to then then remeber how cheap it fealt to die that way. now think about 30mm thats juast as efective. on planes that are faster and climb better then hurri and bullet twice again what super hispano ever was. Sucks dont it....

12. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

One question: How exactly did you measure the 50 feet that the spit can roll on the runway? A plane reaching 50 feet of it's roll would be going about, say, 30mph at most :rolleyes:

13. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Gryphon, don't they teach you any proper English over there (USA for fucksakes DUH!)? It's one thing that your posts are bullshit, but putting up with a block of text with NO paragraphs and the grammar of a 5 year-old is just horrible.

Unless you are 5 years old.

:rolleyes:

14. gryphon

Fine i wont post no more! Why take time to type in neatly when im a shitty typer and most people egnore or ridcule every thing I do type, edited or not.

Sorry if i type as fast as i think and i cant type for shit. srry if my opions are stupid, so are 75% of opions i read in here.

And for u info... took me 10 times longer to fix this then write it in first place. Ussaly on to 2nd or 3rd new post by now. (reread and edited all 5 rereadings of my post, for typing erros, caps, paras, poncuations left out or missing words)... birthdate1975.

Just not patiant at expressing my self when i have an idea. Some people dont take 20minutes to think up a paragraph.

Uthink this is bad? My cursuve would give u haert attake. All my vouls look like u"s. cause i dont close my a' o'. my mind move faster then my hands and i havn't the patiants to let hands keep up.( more editing)

15. gryphon

and its still not right and i cant spell for shit. But ive never studdied for tests and always passed, often with higher grades then most of class who did study, so if im stupid my whole town is retarted.

16. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Exactly! thats where I get off saying the the spitfire is ridiculous, -Squirl, didnt you make a film awhile ago that you posted showing the spitfire rolling for about 2 seconds and we both climbed straight up? If not we could always make another.
    The p38 wasnt top dog, especially in late war...sorry to burst your bubble, but dont cry.

Id doesnt help that we dont feel the real g's flying so people can black/red out numourous times in a short time and still keep your clear thoughts. The p38 is a large target with a good platform, decent climb, long range, and good speed....I was flying last night and watching p38's foolishly dive then turn low at a gold field! Doing things like that only insures your going to die, but I suppose you wont be happy till it gains shitfire like abilitys?

Bizirk, since you like to make direct insults, your mouth runs like a sick kittens but with no avail! Ha, its halarious no? Potty mouth jokes? Take the time to read, the p38 was a nice plane, but wasnt really a superplane, Infact the only reason we probably remember it today is that alot of people flew it early war, and that it was such a unique desighn for the time........thats all.

17. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

there was a interview to a german pilot, imo knoke, and he said the fighter more dangerous was the p38

18. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Lookie here pal, that was totally uncalled for. Even though I haven't posted in this thread in a few days I still take a strong interest in it, and I'd like it to stay on topic. Please don't turn this into mudslinging contest (that goes for everyone else as well).

And gryphon, don't listen to him. If you feel you have something to contribute, you just post it. If this fellow doesn't like reading your posts he's free to scroll over them.

19. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

No, your just talking more shit out of your mouth. He said it took off in to a vertical at about 80mph or thereabouts. By which time, your at the control tower or thereabouts.

Stop talking crap. If your gonna test it, make sure you take off at around the hangar point of a small field (if taking off beside it) or the fuel, if you take off at that end. Cos that is around the 50 feet mark, maybe more.

So go on, put up or shut up.

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Tested it myself, both Spit Vc and 109G-2. Both I couldnt get off the ground before 140kmh, and once in the air, the 109 was way more stable and quicker in getting to 1000 feet.

If you dispute it, try it and post the tracks. If it differs from what I found, I'll do it again and post the tracks.

Deal?

Oh and the prize: If your right, I will offer humble apologies. If your wrong, you dont whine about anything for a month.

100% fuel in both planes btw.