Ki-43

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, Jan 14, 2010.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

may be falco reports are "overpatriotical". i read "aircraft in profile", №16

http://www.google.kz/search?q=aircr...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Ask not what your exec can do for you, ask what you can do for your exec. :znaika:

Err nevermind, I'll get me coat ...

3. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

Can we manage this
    as the answer? :)

4. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Well, mumble if you're really impressed so much and we go to that subject as al put the question to me:

"...Can you put your joystick where your mouth is? "

The response I did not make was going to be:

"Yes, I can. As long as you put your mouth where my joystick is."
    :D

5. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I have no intention of kissing your ass LL.

6. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

Mb...
    IMO depends on who is reading. I-15 is comparable to Cr.32 in overall performance, but not the ability to do the same damage. BTW, Cr.32 is faster, ~10km/h.
    In all fonts I've read, I found that Cr.42 is comparable to I-153, but, I-153 had top speed of 426km/h and the Falco had 441km/h. This makes a huge difference. And, being more durable, and therefore, more able to sustain (achieve) higher dive speeds, the Cr.42 is better than I-153.

BTW, this ShKAS 7.62mm is awesome. I've research about it.

7. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

BTW [2],
    Ki-27 is not comparable to I-153 here. And I have no intention to fly Cr.42 as long as we have I-153 here in early war.

8. looseleaf

I'm glad to hear that, al.

9. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

In April '08 looseleaf had 4 referrals on his profile.

He now has 7.

I suppose in the sad world of BBS espionage, it would be possible to "plant" referrals on somebody. I've got one from that Ahmadinejad guy who was banned (still would like to have him back, exec, as he could tell us much about Iran these days). But I doubt LL's referrals come from anyone other than himself.

For looseleaf's sake I hope he doesn't run out of socks. If he keeps making sock puppets at the current rate he's gonna have sticky hands sooner or later.

10. looseleaf

11. Red Ant

Is there any hidden point to that reply or is that just your way of telling him to go f*** himself? :p

12. looseleaf

Here's something that might prove interesting. As much as I think all browning .50cal should be the same at least as far as this game goes, this website shows that the Breda version of the Browning .50cal was slightly less powerful at least on a per cartridge basis.

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/WW2guneffect.htm

Unfortunately all research indicates the Breda .50cal is less powerful than the Browning .50cal. The late war Italian fighters did use the Mauser MG 151 though.

One valuable factor of the I-153 is the high rate of fire from the four ShVAK.

The Russians called the plane (I153) the "little shaver" as it "buzzed" a rather lethal cover of lead in a short time.

13. looseleaf

:D

14. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

Thank you Looseleaf, much obliged! I've been reading some books and tables about this, I am not much satisfied about Italian planes here, but I will stfu :p

BUT
    This website, and others too, also show that Type 99 20mm has higher power per cartridge TOO.

GUN
    20mm ShVAK
    20mm Type 99-2
    MG 151/20

CARTRIDGE

20x99R
    20x101RB
    20x82

CARTRIDGE POWER

GUN POWER

Well, as you can see, Type 99 has the largest cartridge, while MG151 has the highest cartridge power, and Gun power. And Type 99 is a crap, crap cannon. Actually it sits on A6M5b. Not to mention the Type 99 1, on first zekelings, wich is worse.
    So it should be a strict relation between gun power and bullets per second to put ShVAK on the higher top of FH, being actually the most powerful 20mm of the game, indeed MG151 should be better. %)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  15. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

I don't want to say that I-153 was much better than cr.42 in real battlefield, i agree that falco had better max speed and should be faster in dive and mb better armored, i just say that imho it will heavily suxxx in game.
    The reasons:
    1. No rox = no use exept defence of closed fields from Li.
    2. Can u discribe any task on arena, that it will perform better than any other golds' plane?

And comparing to I-153:
    1. Falco's better max speed is speed at 6km alt, how often do u see i-153 higher than at 3 km? Will it have any chance to cath any monoplane or even buff there? And at sea level, where u could kill low enemies without enough E to run, like i-153 does, it's speed is 343kmh vs 366 of I-153 (according to wiki and according to basic logic too, falco objectivly has no reasons to be faster at low alt).
    2. It can't be so maneuvrable, +25% to wingload is not a joke.
    3. It will have also at least 25% worse climb (wiki says 11.8 vs 15 m/s) and acceleration. (at actual alts) because of +25% to weight/eng power relation also.
    4. Yes, looks like it was able to dive faster without loosing parts, but it will not be able to catch anything exept I-153, if this anything has enough E to gain speed, that will make a question of structure limit critical. I mean if, for example, i will be spit or I-16 at about 700m, falco with any alt and speed will be very little danger for me.

So comparing to gold planes we have no any critical advantage that could make golds use it (exept fans).

Comparing to I-153 we have a pair of almost useless in fh conditions advantages and several critical disadvantages.

That is what i think about, just imho, so don't beat me pls :).

Shvak is surely overmodelled, as i remember, bimbom posted a table with base energy of different bullets at FH, MGff and hispano were best, Ho-5 a bit worse, Shvak - somewhere near it and mg-151 - the weakest 20mm of FH :). But it wasn't clear what that numbers really mean.
    I and As- began research trials it with traks, logs etc, but stopped for now dew to lack of time.

16. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Do you think LL is a referral whore in the WBFH forums? I could name at least one other of those..... I may be mistaken.
    LL can keep it up. I read all of his stuff in here. I read all of yours too, ya big hillbilly! [and Mac's too, cough cough and some others who are angry, provocative intelligent argumentative bone-headed.....]
    You guys should merge and become ONE BIG SMART-ASS
    :p

17. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

Hezey, do you recognize this person? How about you looseleaf?

[​IMG]

18. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

That's Looseleaf? Are you sure?

19. Red Ant

Oh look, people accusing other people of being someone different than they say! Haven't seen that one for a while ... :rolleyes:

20. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, np! I won't beat you :p
    As u wrote, there is no reason to have Cr.42 here, it will be like Hurri IID, MiG-3 and a lot of another planes that no one uses - except fans. If we have Cr.42, I should be the first to fly it :cool: (and mb the only, like I do with Mc.202 and Mc.205). And I can assure u that I would be a big threat to ur Spit, even to your I-153 :D :D :D

IMO this thingie is annoying more than bugged planes in FH. It's weird to clearly see that you can engage a Spit or a Tiffie and don't be reaped off or PKed with 1x20mm from D7. But when I see LA or even Yak (or that fuckin LaGG with 23mm) I just want to run to a place where its ShVAKS will never find me, they make just one pass and CABUM, where the ShVAK hits, the plane is unable to continue fighting, and then they turn and make the Grand Finale, the way almost all noobs that fly LA use to shoot, PK from D7. :mad: