Ki-43

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Neverending story...

I had a lot of sorties where I had about 10-12 Shvak hits to the enemy fighter and no kill.
    I had the same with Hispanos.
    I had the same with MGs.

And of course, I had a lot of sorties where I had pk-kill with 1-3x hits, with all of these guns.

Stop crying, it's quite boring. And aim better, that's all what you need.

2. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

202 is still actual, don't know why it is not used more often, seem many golds, who try to turn with spitties yaks and P-39 using 109F4 just don't know what plane they really need :).

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

negative experience is more impressive and memorised longer.

i do not defend current DM. just noted a known idea of behaviour.

4. demian

demian Well-Known Member

They dont need anything better than 109 f4, f4 is quite capable of turning with spitties yaks and p39s. Just need, as u already know, different type of turn. So, i dont know why u said something like this when u know. I guess u did to make ur point more clear. What i would like to see is those spitties p39s and yaks pilots in 109 f4, mb then they would learn something new for a change.
    And , Gil, I would never ever recommend golds to fly mc 202 or 205, because they simply dont know what nice plane that is, they dont know how to use it.
    Mc 202 is equivalent of P40, plus has better flaps managment capability, plus has Good guns, plus is fast.
    Mc 205 is also.... great.
    I still would never compare it to GREAT ability of f4.
    And i would never tell golds to fly it.
    It is simple, golds cant kill reds even in the best period for german aircrafts, in early war , when f2,f4 come out, so why should i tell them to fly mc 202?
    Mc 202 should be removed, as well as mc205, all planes should be made to be as La, mb then and mb only then ppl will finally make some kills.
    I am sorry for talking like this, but glass is already full of everything happening on FH, of peoples attitude, ignorrance, and noobishness.
    In my case, 12,7 mm proved for me very good, perfectly enough to score, especially against buffs. I also know some people who will agree with me, that if u use cannon from mc205, u will make ur kills easier, easier than even if u use original gun from 109.
    Same goes for 12mm on ki61, on ki44, 50cal, every.
    I would rather take full load of 12,7 than load of 20mm in 109 f4, or even worse load of 20mm in g6.
    I would never say that 7mm on other planes, no matter what sort , produce same dmg as shkas, but hey, whats new here. As funtom says, its neverending story.
    And once our dear programmer Exe changes dmg model , everything will be perfectly fine. And if we can achieve lets say , same range for 30mm and 37, same range for all 20s, same range for all 7mms, i will not even remember we had problem.
    I take full responsibility for starting this thread, as well as any other, but i never meant it to be like this. I am Not saying its wrong , i am not saying its not nice, but i just think we all together are not ready to disccuss and to change anything in good manner.
    I never wanted for this to happen, for everything to become just an excuse for our own inability to do something right. Ppl need the most to LEARN in arena, that is PRIORITY, and not changing of fh anymore. I thought " well, ok, mb this bugged 1.67 will teach golds how to be effective", but i was wrong, nothing of this had happened, they just became even more stupid.
    So, La is not problem, I153 is not problem, Ki43 is imho perfectly fine anyway , the most important problem we have now is , ppl not being capable enough to fly and have fun. And there, i cant help. If ppl here only want easy kills, and not to learn anything, and not to spend virtual lives in order to be better, i cant help. Ppl here think that basic attack for Boom and zoom is Head on, just because they dont know how to extend and to be out of reach.
    Ppl here think that taking i153 and spraying over poor ju52 is fun, and flying la5fn and shooting shvak is fun, and flyin 109 and shooting 30mm like it is 7mm is fun, ppl here think that if u try to avoid head on pass , and u get killed or disabled by few bullets, that it is proof for their skill, they think and not only think , they SAY la5fn is now actually HARD plane to fly .
    So, what i think?
    I think ill use some of my ability to learn and to collect knowledge , and ill remember few things i heard from Gil , Bullet and LL lately , and ill find my own peace in this crazy fh and forum community..

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Now they get it... :zachot: :cheers:

6. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

Hope men who died over f9 yesterday will read ur post, boa :).

P.S.
    Yes, now i know that 109F4 can almost everything, but from last time i actively used mc.202 i remember it as plane able to outturn P-40 and sometime - spitII, (it was with older RPS) at same time 109 of any kind could not do it in my hands.

7. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

(...)

8. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

hmmm, I knew I saw that radial engine's front somewhere in my bathroom!
    buzzzzzzzzzzz

9. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

10. demian

demian Well-Known Member

There was really nice post of Bullet, about guns, ill try to find link ..
    Ill just try to follow basic logic, and to start from speed, and if shvak was so fast as in this game, then i fear what it could do to any plane:p

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18381&highlight=guns

That woman looks so nice, same with the dog...I dont understand who r you, dog or girl...
    I mean, i dont understand at all why would be of any importance to me what are u look like, how many ref.. u have, though i must say i dont even know wtf that is...
    Crazy world, crazy community:(

11. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I was one of the victims of the KI43 yesterday.

I discounted it's weak guns but forgot the plane's ability to keep putting bullets into the same place continually......which makes up for the perceived lack of punch.

I used to fly the 202 and still fly the 205 but the 202's guns are pretty much useless.

12. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

I don't understand either.

:dura:

13. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I have loved a couple of FH women. Fatale and that nice lady from Spain, who I cannot remember name [Brain Stroke memory effects..] Was she called Martina or something like that? Anyway, she went of and started a family of two, herself and her baby. IN SPAIN? Fuck. I hope she is doing okay.
    Is that picture either The Lost Spaniard Love or The Lost Czech Love? I think there was a Finnish woman I loved too, she haunts me in my dreams.

14. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

15. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I would still say Ki-44 is better for any task ..imho.. though I agree, ki43 can be nasty surprise , sneaking like that , especially where the furball is..
    I see it more as plane for patient people, and for gunnery training...

202 was rather effective plane, at least back in 1.66 version, where opponents were slower spits , P40s, and laggs...But then , as you already know , some "changes" happened to lagg, there was also disccussion how to improve it , admins decided to give it 23mm , and that was ok if u ask me.
    But , it was not the only change , they also improved laggs dynamics, tunning dwn that lethal spin it had. So, todays arena is not same arena where 202 had a bit of advantage.. Also, that is not the only plane that suffers from post 167 traumatic syndrome.
    In 166 version, pilot who would fly LAGG was considered to be crazy, masohistic. Also that was pilot who flew LA5 first model. One mistake , just one bad judgement and pushing too much on stick was causing lethal spin without recovery. Today u can consider pilot who flies mc 202 to be crazy , same as with all those slower or weak gunned planes. So we had bad side effect of admins good intention of making more flyable planes .
    I cant recall when was the last time i saw P38 , especially P38f . 47C? Cant remember. People too easy accepted concept of "Best tool for the job".
    So, if u need to kill Li2 , you will take 110. If u need red jabo at the end of war you will take P47D. But if u need fighter in the same period, you wont take P47d . Mb La7?
    So i think that many planes here should be tunned down one way or the other. It is visible in arena that BNZ became most dominant style of flying.
    And that would be ok by me, if those planes would be able only for hit and run. But most of them simply are not. Many planes today u can fly and use they way u want it, not in the way plane was designed. When planes needed specific type of personality to be flown with success, we had all those aces online. Now we have only ki84 and tempest pilots.
    If you spend some time in test arena, when there is furball you will notice that most of times ppl will just fly Hit and run plane. Hey i dont whine, that tactics proved to be important in WW2, but , its the easiest way of looking at things. Because pilots get worse and worse, not teaching themselves to basic ACM, not bothering themselves to learn what flaps are, not bothering themselves to get closer to plane. You want example for such claim?
    Ok here it is. Did u notice tendency for BNZ tactics to be perceived as repeating Head on attacks? You have con higher alt than urs, he is making passes on you, and when the time has come for you to follow him up, he will try to outclimb you, then at d6 he will just reverse, not bothering himself with thought that ur still aiming his guns towards him. And that is product of having too good planes with people who are not deserving it. Then comes my favourite scenario, with guy bullshitting on ch 100 about how many bullets needs to kill gold turner plane. The quantity of bullets needed to kill regular zero is about the same as quantity of dead brain cells of regular red pilot today. Why to fly zero at all today , or for that matter 202, u could think that someone will respect the fact he is faster than you, or heavier guns he has, or better dynamics or.... but you would be wrong. Guy who will knock you out from behind with 23mm cannon , will whine about you being able to receive at all even half of 23mm bullet in the first place.
    Same will happen to you when u encounter typhoons tempests etc etc. There wont matter that you are 30mph slower with guns as only armament, or the fact that those british bastard planes can receive as many 20s as zero can 7mms. No, they will whine and whine after 20 x20 , after being able to again and again bnz you, they will whine because of the fact that you took 3-4 20s and got on fire. So , yes, MC202 can be perceived as loser plane, and it is correct to see it like that. But it can also be seen as good ride, depending on ur mental strength to receive all those pathetic insults online.
    I was called so many times a flamer on forum, but to tell u the truth , i dont know how to call all those people online who just whine and whine and whine whatever u do. That sometimes can be so hard to listen , that i cant blame anyone anymore for flying only ki84s. When a whining comment comes from red side from lets say tempest , you who fly mc 205 can only ask urself why are u the only fool in arena not flying 84. I cant even blame those who dont want to fly ju52 anymore...
    So, respect to those who fly 202, zero, ki3, or 47 , 38,51, fm2,yak 1 etc...
    F.U. for all those who dont get out of yak3 , la5fn, la7 ,ki84, f4u4,tempests...

@ Gil

Nice performance last few days , wtg. I still wait for you as jiu-jitsu lover to discover real aikido and jiu-jitsu plane- ki43.:p

@ LL

Pls post more of these photos , ur such nice looking lady:shuffle:

16. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

51? Wtf? Mustafa is fucking easy to fly, it's great plane for me and other newbies.

cc twins, Jacobe and her sister Jozo

and btw: Fatale died and it's rly great for us :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  17. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

:rose:

18. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

I consider 190 as aikido plane, the consept is - use enemy's turn against itself by making him turning wrong way at any particular moment. :)

Nice concept imho, ZG use it as a doctrine :).
    I think there are really two problems: La, that became too universal and easy in use uber-fighter, and it's the problem of fh1.67. And second - seem many people don't know real potencial of tools avail. But as for me i concider it as the problem of that people and it is much older, then 1.67. Imho, this second problem is fully unsolvable, but it is not really scary. Bad is that many good old pilots left us.
    For example, if there were no antred, i think i could never understand that P-38 is not a crap, but vey nice fighter and it is best tool for many actual jobs. I could remember many same examples with different planes, the point is that "best tool for job" concept is not a problem for P-38, mc.202, mig-3, P-47, FM-2, yak-1 and most of other unpopular planes. (sev days ago i used yak1 just according to best tool concept and it worked ok :)). The trouble is people seem don't know real performance of these planes, or don't know how to use them, or smth else :dunno: .
    As latest example i cant explane why last night only several golds began to use Ki-44 and only 30 min before reset :dunno: .

19. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Well, maybe if we stopped making airplanes into whatever we dream up, then we will get more diversity amongst pilots. Lavochkin used to be a challenge to fly. Then people bitched about it so much instead of learning how to fly it. Then La-7 got changed. Before that, I griped about 30mm a lot, but I learned how to fly against it eventually and it wasn't a problem. Then they go and put those asinine gun range limits in effect. Now nobody can strafe jeeps unless they feel the need to kill themselves. Buff gunners have MORE difficulty defending themselves because of it. I remember a time where hispano wasn't so uber. People complained about not being able to shoot planes down with it at d5 or something fucking stupid like that. My solution was to get closer and don't start firing until I'm d2 away, d3 maximum. This gave the results that most people wanted, but they said fuck it, too hard, give me easy mode. Then they got easy mode. Now everyone goes away because it's more of a star wars game than ever.

On a side note, can we please stop with the jokes with changing planes into uber machines and guns into BFG9000 because we felt like it? Exec says he has a new DM that he would like to try out, and, if he's serious with the DM (not some fucking joke like hispano being 40mm bofors, or 30mm cannon that only work at d3, or some other bullshit like this) maybe we should give it a chance. If this works out, then maybe we can revert to an earlier version for the flight models and avoid all these dumbshit modifications (e.g. F4U/190 reduction in pitch control, uber la7, uber LaGG, uber 110 turn, hyper speed a6m/f4f, murdering of the f6f, blah blah blah).

For future postings about why 20mm doesn't do enough damage, or why can't my La-7 turn like a6m, or some other bullshit, let's just start a shit rag post where people can put their crybaby stuff down, send in tracks of what they did wrong, and we can either tell them a few things to help them overcome their issue or tell them to shut the fuck up if they don't get it after crying and not learning for the twelfth time. NO POST IS TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY UNLESS THEY POST A TRACK OF THEIR MISTAKE WITH IT GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!! :director:

20. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Stop here, and dont be like any other regular pilot, having ur own idea about what someone should do in order to complete job.
    Last night , people who stayed were mostly people who like to cap things, and sometimes that means flying some other planes than best for fighting.
    On the other hand, sqd ghosts in the machine do not do best things they could, they are among those others who enjoy variety of planes, gameplay possibilities and they always fly what they like in the given moment.
    They do what they like, when they like , and with what they like.
    Sure, if we talk about tactics , we could have done things differently last night, but we didnt , because we didnt want to.
    We could have flown like reds mostly do, as fighters to stop raid, we didnt.
    We could have used best tools for a job, but we didnt, and i think no gold is sorry for that. There is a time when something u do is more important than what u achieve...
    And that is why i always say , flying lets say p40 in the late war can be great satisfaction for pilot....
    I like to think of myself as ok with pilots from ZG, and i like to think u wont be mad at me when i say this , but ur just growing up today..
    Growing up in Fh world, which means, u are discovering that u can actually do something with something if u want something.
    Many of ppl online already know that, so next step for them is not to kill kill kill or cap cap cap. Next step is exploring doing same thing with new tools.
    Because we all search for new pleasure, for new challenge.
    Sometimes there will be 2 hours battle for 1 small field, and ppl will think "oh they cant do it" but reality is different, sometimes pilots just keep attacking or fighting for a field without specific meaning..Sometimes they want just to drop 1 bomb, or kill 1 con. That happens a lot .
    You must understand, you can be Top in any particular type of fh activity.
    But that brings some other problems, which people try to avoid if they want to stay normal. You dont want to end up as letez, dont you? You dont want to be some fucked up strategic player, who is so opsessed with winning, that if he cant win, he will just sit in jeep blocking attacks, teasing, beeing rude on public channel? There is always something between black and white, and we must try to explore that.
    Best way last night for golds was, to take 5 ki44s 5 190s, and to hunt down reds. And then what? We would have great streak as many reds have every day , but we didnt see fun in that. We play our game, u play ur game, just like u did in the end at f23 in typhoon. And u had fun, hadnt you? Well, i had my fun trying to catch u in zeke. You went home, landed with many kills, i landed my home without any. Knowing there is a typhoon vulcher , i could have taken 190 a4 at f6, could have climbed to 3km, and.... what? You would consider that as normal type of behaviour , u would call it smart. Then i wouldnt be Boa, i would be Isaev climbing in the background with p39 to 5km , killing gold noobs. Ok Posera can work too. Or any other streaker.
    I still prefer being Boa, as u prefer being Gil. And i still prefer defeat sometimes, than winning always. And i prefer saying wtg to people who made reset. More than golds flying ki44 and killing everything.
    Sometimes is just more challenging capping a field with 3 jeeps , than empty ...