Ki-43

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, Jan 14, 2010.

1. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

Oh, as for me, i know it, i try to avoid overestimating myself :).

Hmm, i should say more exactly, i can easily understand if some cool ace or anybody searching for hardcore takes Mig-3 or Ki-27, i try it myself sometime and find it very useful, and also i think ghosts know all airkrafts at least not worse than I know :).
    It was strange to see some pilots sitting on A6m (not only that night) and complaining that cowards on typhoons don't fight honestly. I was just wondering, what do they really expect :dunno: .

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

:@prayer:

3. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I was thinking a lot about what i said , i knew i used wrong word, but i couldnt find any better . Was thinking about saying it on pvt, but as i already said everything in public, would be ok if i explain it in public as well..
    I hate that word growing up , people tend to use it in very bad manner , as some kind of weapon, so i hate it..Correct way to put it , would be "I know ur going through changes ":) But i see u understood correctly so i hope no harm done:)

I always see only names, prefer it that way , didnt realize anyone was in zeke..:rolleyes:
    Mb they expect some typhoon to leave due to failure , or to be shot dwn by some spit who thought it was 190:)? Cc you are right..

@ LL
    photos!:)

4. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Here is what im affraid of when we say that we want better dmg model, especially for zeke. This is an example of lag , its only minute long, just rename file and remove txt extension..

Attached Files:

5. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

I hope exec wants just to turn a bit current RND settings and will not try to invent any precise formulas for damage. DM digitize processes, that are chaotic in real life, i can agree, that current dm can be improved in many detales, but its main concept (so-called aike's theorem, as i understood it) seems to be correct and realistic enough.

6. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

You fly red, don't you? :p

7. demian

demian Well-Known Member

He is gold most of time:)

8. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

So he's content with having 1 x 20mm remove his wing while it takes on average 5 x 20mm from German gold to remove wing from a red plane? Maybe I need to learn how to shoot, maybe it's the DM. I won't know until I get a lot more practice in as a gold. :)

9. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for the explanation that caused my F4U to crash with one hit to the rudder; one German 20mm hit.

This happened three time one night by three different German planes.

10. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Dont wait any longer!:) I am here to explain;)

As i understood , it is damage model;) You are right, those things can happen, but that will be only mb 10-20% of times. I know this, because i killed many planes with 1x20 mg151, but not so often. Most of times that happens if I dive and i am fast , very fast . Most of time that will happen from 190 rather than 109 . It can happen to any plane , spit, f4u, p47 ,La , any. But it is not so often i repeat .
    80% of time japanese planes , their guns, their cannons cause greater dmg to red planes. We call them "jispanos" for a reason.
    German cannons can kill using only 1x20 , but when we talk about this , u must note range of german cannon, and that those fatal 1x20 kills happen from d2 and less.
    On the other hand, g over on wings stabs etc from hispano or shvak u can get even from d5. Note- mg 151 in my experinece today cant reach d5 at all.
    Mb it can , but i cant do it.
    Mc 205, i mentioned this earlier, often has better effect with its mg 151 than german planes.
    On the other hand, 12,7 and 13mm have longer range, so for buff busting i would prefer machine guns rather than 20s.
    German planes most prone to die from 1x20 from my experience , are 109 r6 series. That is really funny how u can shoot dwn g6r6 with 1 x20.
    All 109s 190s , can die rather easy from 1x20.
    Zeke, Kis, and the champion of receiving bullets and still fighting Ki43, they r too tough. Too too too tough.
    For golds most of time is hard to shoot dwn american planes, spits, tempest typhoons, and very often LA.
    But, it can happen. I agree, i killed many las spits especially f4us with 1x20.
    Not everyday, no , but did happen.

Of course he is not, every normal player is not. And Gil is normal player.
    Many pilots dont have to fly gold to know and see what is happening to german planes after shvak hits them. Gil never said he is happy with this. But he can fly red still, why not? Would be idiotical to wait 2 years , so u could fly red. flying red is ok , golds have also uber planes , because fh politics was not to tune dwn planes, they were adding more and more uber ones to counter old ubers.
    What u should do now is, to relax, and try to accept that one day u will die from 1x20 , and next day from 20x20 , and next time when someone says something provocative if u land 20x20, just say FU.
    Btw, you will feel better if u die from 1x20 , than land 10x20.
    You will feel better if u hit someone with 20x20, than 1x20 and pk from below.
    At least that is what it should be.

11. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

That is what i mean under some datales to improve. As for me, it is obvious that red 20mm are much more dangerous to golds, then mg-151 to reds (mgff dmg seems ok btw). But chaotic nature of damage process and current dm makes it hard to count this "much more" in numbers. Also the situation is different to some planes, for example, P-39 seems to be even more voulnerable to mg-151 than bf-109 is to hispano. So problem is not only in guns' parameters but also with planes.
    And thinking about great work needed to really improve dm (it can be hundreds of sorties just to make complete picture of the problem), i afraid that it will never be done or will suffer from many simplifications and new troubles.
    But may be i just imagine the situation wrong and everything is not so bad :).

As a 1-st step in the way to happy future i see setting up all serverside settings of TA equal to main arena. That will make life of users, who want and can help with correct research of anything, much easier and productive.

P.S. Can add to demian's post that 190 and spitfire has nice and seem exclusive feature - immediate explosion of r-fuse (without fuel fire) after several 12,7 or even 7.7 bullets. Not too often, but at least 1-2 time per tod i see it on myself or enemy. And much more common thing is 109 loosing eileron and elevator control after 1 20mm hit to engine (engine stops too).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  12. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Add there p47 losing whole vertical after 1x20 to rudder or stab