OK so who is -boar-?!...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by By-Tor, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

... theres nothing that can proof anything , if anyone cheat or not when it is not an "uber" cheat ... worst things i ever seen was in RedBaron .. a guy came to Server , start his plane , said some bullshit , and then from 20 planes in .. ALL! wings break away , no matter where u flew , at both sides ..some guys came in again and he did it again . thats a proof itself lol
    but what about the "low level" cheating , when nobody can really say it´s legal or not ,. in some cases even 10kmh more count , or a lil bit tweak´t guns ... when u need only 10x12,7mm instead of 20 .. all that count , a 5% better plane can be a huge different at all ..
    Its like the Diablo story , Diablo 1 was full of cheaters ...80% IMO used cheats or cheatet items to improve their Chars...In Diablo 2 the Savegames are Stored on their Server and are checked everytimes , and u have not the chance to use cheats , at least i never heard anyone complain .. or speaking from cheats there , non know any cheat there ..
    i hope they fix it fast as possible ..

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

my (great and fun) experience with 302nd tells me they dont cheat

and about six: i do kind of like moskit.
    plus, you need to consider, when you are d15 from con, you cant notice if he did quick ruddering to check low six. i do that alot. and that can make it seem like i have this cockpit.

just a pair of cents.

3. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

..when i say it make a hard turn , i mean he move like he is surpriced to see someone one his six and make move to prevent being hit .. how is a con moving when u are d3 behind one ... he flew like a stickstirrer ... hey maybe im to old for this , but i never saw anyone do this just to check his 6 ...you ?, and when u are at d15 , u can see if a con fly straight at level
    ... im not a newbi , when i say it was not normal,it doesn´t look so .. from over 5000 situations at anyones low 6 i remember this one ... why ?
    that whole fight was total out of normal ,

Last edited: Jul 10, 2002
  4. -nicae-

i was just adding info, not contesting what u said ;)

5. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm not so sure cheating is as widespread as this thread appears to make out. To a complete outsider reading this it would seem as though 60% of players cheat in some form or other. Reality would be more along the lines of 1-2% (On an average ToD 800 people fly).

This is an F6F you're talking about, I've flown at least one or two sorties in one of these (to see what it can do because as you know I'm gold and the motto is "Known thine enemy") and the rear view on one of these is to say the least Crap. Even in a 109 I'll periodically throw the plane on one wing or roll inverted to see if I'm being followed and with something like and F6 the manoveur has to be quite violent to ensure you are seeing your complete 6.

To quote a very good and highly respected Warbirds player "never fly straight and level for more than 10 seconds".

Glass cockpits.... The advantage is limited, if you're outnumbered 5 -1 then you're still gonna die, the sign of a true good player (i.e. Boar, falcon and many more) is to not to get into the situation where you're going to Die.

More worrying are cheats that alter your planes abilities, we had a spate of someone who altered the 7.62mm to hit like a 20mm and I've had the misfortune (recorded it) to encounter an I16 that could consistently outclimb a 109F with a high alt advantage in a BnZ fight for over 10 minutes. These incidences are however limited to 1 or 2 individuals and should be addressed as such.

6. Odisseo

Odisseo Well-Known Member

Request to niace:

Please ask rgreat, aike or ivan or everyone else that has acces to server log, as far they can control, if i used triks for cheat like transparent cockpits or something like this.
    I'm getting sincerely tired about accusations, more if they came from ppl that I consider friends.

7. -nicae-

my voice is as loud as yours :)

8. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

to odi: Ill post in beta forums, and ICQ admins for logs

9. -boar-

-boar- Active Member

Odi, I wrote nearly the same. Either we have some server-side logs as an evidence, or all speculations about cheats are no more than an attempt to offend someone. Period.

In one of my previos posts I have described and an example of a "cheat" that turned out to be a plane driving excellence. But I at least have made some efforts from my side to fly with the pilot several hours in Test Arena. Others, to my great wonder, prefer to limit with just those: :eek: :confused: :dunno: :mad: -- and consider that to be an evidence...

10. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

And still no name has been cleared :(:(:(:(

Half of this topic got filled while I was in Italy a month ago...

greetze, Zembla

11. andrei

andrei Well-Known Member

don't forget about check six calls :)

12. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Or some pilots might just execute a break turn every once in a while out of sheer paranoia. :D

13. -boar-

-boar- Active Member

I take this option into consideration, but there are cases when there are absolutely no dots around. More of that, I fly with a 19" monitor at 1024x768 2D resolution. I notice every move at D10 distances, even rudder applied. I may understand Yak, that noticed my shining icon record when I am low 6, but not F4F or F6F miracles of knowing where am I, not even trying to rudder or roll...

So, waiting for CRC check to be activated eagerly :@prayer:

14. pietas

pietas Well-Known Member

Remember guys , if u r saw some situation which makes proof someone is clean (fe cockpit files), it doesnt mean the guy is not cheater. It mean only he doesnt use any shit by NOW.

Only what i want to say - there is a lot of crap at MA. I know now some things i heard. I have to say - many veteran peeps "the judges" has great experience with cheats. Never mid "they use it only a while by using fake-nick", or "it was long time ago" , or "just a test" . They are just fucking lames for me. I mean peeps playing wb arena more than 1 year (could be more than 50%) . And they didnt saw anything wrong "long time ago" , because it was "for fun" , but now they r screaming like a slaughtered pig.

And boar. No proofs. No anticheat programs. U can everyone count only for your own brain.

And i have to say: I HAVE NEVER TOUCH ANYTHING WHAT SMEEL LIKE SHIT, any game (theres a lot). Thats why i'm proud myself right now. Perhaps i'm a newbie, lame pilot, but always FAIR.

regards pietas

15. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Give names Pietas, please, I can't stand it, that everyone is cursing and swearing at the anonymous... this isn't Hercules trying to flee his way out of cyclops island!

greetze, Zembla

16. -nicae-

dont forget those who dont fly on autotrim.
    they are constantly knowing of all around them, even if it seems like not.

17. TAN-GO

TAN-GO Member

BOAR is not the only one

i put the Boar question some time ago ?
    I don't care who is BOAR but the meaning of BOAR in this game.
    THERE ARE OTHERS like BOAR
    BOAR is a visible issue. check the scorepages and notice there are pilots without any killed and in bottom appears who kill him.
    I have snapshots of BOAR death and after 3 days i check is scores and no deaths.
    I LOVE THIS GAME :director:
    But there all always cheaters or ppl who don't play fairly ... what can we do ?? :confused:
    Only waiting for the administrators attention :znaika: . They are the only who can improved the game for this kind of problems :help: .
    Thanks anyway to all
    I LOVE THIS GAME - I BRING TO THIS GAME MORE THAN 8 NEW PLAYERS. :joystick:

18. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

I think you don't know the .clear command...

Well, it clears your scores. Just it. I'm sure boar likes a clean score, so he just .clear when got killed.

19. mcgru-

mcgru- Well-Known Member

sepukked

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  20. -nicae-

did you check his "bailed", "captured" numbers?
    they also leave "killer's" name.

also .clear resets your scores.