Shame on the US

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spaceb, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Texican

Texican Member

Shame on America?

Has the U.S. interfered with foreign countries internal affairs? Yes. For the worse - yes; for the better - yes. We interfered in Korea; we interfered in Vietnam; we interfered in Kuwait; we interfered in Yugoslavia; we interfered in Somalia; etc., etc.....

Sometimes we interfered and it helped (the Marshall Plan) - sometimes we did and it hurt (Iran, Cuba) - BUT we did SOMETHING. I believe the quote goes:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Anyone can be a Monday morning coach and criticize the team that lost - Odin knows we have our share of Monday morning quarterbacks (stupid American football) - but I have always felt that to be able to criticize the players, you must be one.

btw, I do follow news from sources other than the American media - I have to in order to get the real news. And anyone with stories of interest which you feel are not being reported correctly please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Texican

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Wtg texican :super: Nice post, polite, and thoughtful. That's a good way to discuss. :kruto:
    And yes, something must be done, but using strength, seems to me as unuseful as not to do anything, cos people who doesn't have anything to loose, are the most dangerous. And, now, iraq has very few to loose (they've already lost almost all)

3. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

You say U.S. are "good men"??!?

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

not quite. just active ;)

ppl you are running thin ice. please respect each others to avoid moot questions.

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

FranzAugust: It is too simple, and more than a little unfait, to pull one tiny quote from a person's post (not even his quote, but simply quoting a phrase to explain his point) but ignore the whole point of his post. Just a wee reminder, he did say U.S has stepped in and done well some times, other times they have stepped in and f*cked up. Point is, at least they stepped in. Possibly they create more problems than they solve but even so, they solve many more problems than any other nation simply due to the weight of their involvement. If something goes wrong, generally it's the U.S who gets hit (WTC, embassies, etc) so they get punished for their mistakes (too heavily in the case of WTC). I dont see much praise tho when they get something right.
    People should get their own house in order before criticising others imo (not directed specifically at you or your country Franz).

-glas-

6. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

americans are good people. they are just like us.
    american politicians? same thing. not that they are good, but they are just like our politicians! :D

i dont know if you guys know, but i lived half of my life in USA.
    if you look over the decades, USA has had expansionist growth. but its hard to say all of their moves were with the intention of advancing with intent to get more.
    have you ever played a game, like for instance starcraft, with cheats and wanted just to play "god"? ive done it a couple of times, and only wanted to build a cool base.
    often were the times my enemies would attack. then i'd think "damn, these guys keep hurting my base! ill have to build some outposts so they attack them instead of my base".
    but then they would start attacking the outposts and i would think "damn! i have to make another forward warning establishments to protect my outposts!".
    then i would look and notice i took over my enemy's bases.
    this stupid example is just to show that, sometimes, you attack with the intention of safety. and then attack further for the safety of the safety. and then..

but on the other hand, most of the high personell of the white house arent so naive on world strategies like i am in starcraft :D

7. moskit

moskit Well-Known Member

?????????????????????????????
    Wow! 1000 times! Of course, WWII won by USA. It's a common knowledge (in USA) :)

8. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

About U.S. Strength to fight in their own country: Everybody knows that american defense would be fierce.... yep, they couldn't stand 50.000 soldiers dying in Viet-Nam... lol, U.R.S.S. lost 25 million people in WWII !!!! Spain lost 1 million people in it's Civil War (over a population of 24 million...) .... but yes... the americans are really tough.... their soldiers can't do without Coca-Cola and Chewing Gum.... yep..... Not that I want the U.S. to be invaded.... but they are so comfortable there, that they wouldn't be able to fight.

About U.S. "acting" : the fact is, americans don't get the point that what the "terorist" want, what the Axis of Evil wants, what most of the world wants.... is that they STOP ACTING. You say U.S. at least does something.... yep, and the rest of us are just standing there quiet.... do you americans know how many Spaniards (europeans) are in Third World countries building schools, hospitals, Sewers.... and all those things get bombed from time to time by the U.S. planes.... do you know that the European Union has paid millions of Euros to build schools, hospitals.... etc in Palestina? are we quiet and standing there just watching? NO, NO AND AGAIN NO!!!. We are trying to help, we are helping poor people (as Spain is doing now with Argentina btw) , that's how we act, we give them food, we give them education, we HELP THEM. U.S. sends soldiers..... and they think they are helping..... sad......

Keep sending those soldiers to kill civilians, keep sending bombs to fall over poor people, one day, you'll find the bombs again in your own courtyard.... that's the way it goes.... someone mentioned Marshall Plan.... that was a good idea, after WWI U.S., England and France placed such preassure over Germany, that the only exit they had was Hitler, he gave answers to a starving people, he built roads, he made the Germans proud of being germans... and killed many in the meantime.... After WWII, U.S. decided not to make the same mistake, they were really wise, instead of punishing their enemies, they helped them, they gave them money, they built houses, schools, hospitals... the result? Germany is one of the leading countries of the world, a real democracy and a really fine place to live in. What is U.S. doing now with it's enemies? helping them to turn into somthing like Germany? NO, they are punishing them, embargoes, bombings.... etc.... what are we experiencing then? some little hitlers spread arround the globe, waiting to kill more americans.... when will this chain be broken? when will U.S. stop spending money in weapons and start helping the rest of the world? WHEN?

Ask yourselves.... read, the history is there for us all to read and learn, and please, stop that Macho Bombast : "bring your tough ass... bla bla bla bla bla bla bla...."

9. klaf

klaf Member

what's the dispute about pilots,donnerwter/bloody...?!flying at 6km without oxygen masks,eh?to remind you all it's cruel april 1941..democracy/vaterland/emperor/achievements of revolution are in danger.i want to see you all in briefing room :director: