So.., who are US fighting in Iraq against?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by manoce, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ spaceb: Ive realised I have re-evaluated my opinions as I have learned more about the underlying reasons, and the pros and cons, of the conflict. I think very few (perhaps only babek on these boards?) have a true grasp of the ramifications of what's happened.

Most people, imo, have looked at it fairly blindly from their point of view. Myself included, although I would give myself the benefit of the doubt in that my views were based on lack of knowledge (or ignorance). To me, some people see the failure of the coalition/occupation forces as a bigger victory than the creation of a democratic republic of Iraq would ever be.

It isnt working out as I had hoped, though being the optimist I am I still hope things work out well.

About Bush: I have hope(d) that Blair would have the courage to make sure Bush's interests are in a peaceful and prosperous Middle East. Since their announcement about the West Bank settlements, and Blair agreeing to Israeli proposals, I think he has lost all sight of his original intentions.

[/ontopic]

Nice to see you around mate. Paul is doing good...cheeky as ever :p

Thanks for asking :)

-glas-

2. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Shocking, although unsurprising. How the guy charged can blame it on the fact he had never received a copy of the Geneva Convention is beyond me. Does he treat prisoners in the facility he normally works in like that? So why should Iraqis be any different.

It was only a matter of time til something like this came out. With the amount of soldiers serving there, there's inevitably going to be a few who cross the boundaries. In defence of the US Army, at least you could say that it was themselves who brought this in to the open and not some journalist or something.

-glas-

4. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Sigh, how stupid can you be.

It reminds me of the guy trying to sell a kilo of cocaine on e-bay.

Stupidity knows no bounds.

Malin

5. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Today Iraqi terrorist killed polish almost legendary polish war-reporter W.Milewicz :( Milewicz made many reports from Chechenia, some interviews with Al-Quaida terrorists there, and was killed in ambush :(

6. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Just an appointment, as i don't know anything about the new. Were they iraquian terrorists, or just defenders of their land? I mean, it happened in Iraq, or out of it?

However, happened whatever happened, sorry for another life wasted in a stupid conflict that should never have been started :( :rose:

8. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Broz - are defenders shooting to reporters? He wasn't fuckin armed GI Joe, just man showing TRUE.

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

Milewicz' death shown us a real truth once again
    were their enemy, no matter what u do, whats ur sex or age;
    no matter if we wanted this war or feel sorry for iraq ppl;
    they hate us

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Well, if somebody invaded my country, i'd shoot anything non-native that should move around. Another thing is if he was kidnapped, then killed. That's what i meant by defenders.

I'd hate "us" too if somebody invaded my country

11. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I also tend to think that if they hadnt the war in Iraq as a reason to cause their atrocities, they would have found another convenient excuse.

As you said Spuint, regardless if we support and sympathise with their situation, they will still hate us.

Why should we give a fuck? Cos for some reason, it's in our nature I suppose. Perhaps it's what sets us apart from people in that part of the world.

I suppose also that it's easy to feel compassion and understanding for people when you are in a 'priviledged' situation. I dont see myself as being too priviledged tho :rolleyes:

-glas-

12. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

so it would be ok to u if i came to ur place and beat u and ur family up because i dont like ur president, or ur country politics?

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Did you understand what i said? If you came to my country, wether the reason it might be, and beat ANYBODY in my country, i'd shoot you, yes. So it wouldn't be ok. I think you didn't understand what you quoted...

14. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Well- do You have the slightest knowledge about what a person Waldemar Milewicz really was?

He was a legend here,
    he drove to every site of conflict, he could,
    he was in Rwanda, when all the rest of the world forgot about it,
    he drove to Chechenia to show us the war there not from point of view of Russian and French reporters (they were moving with Russian army) but to join a group of Chechnian rebells and show their arguments,
    He flew to Haiti when everybody else fled the island,
    he was awarded almost any prize a journalist in Poland can get, he was awarded also by our President as regard for "serving the truth and not the show"...

So please, stop arguing about him and how well would You be ready to shoot such a person if Poland invaded Spain... death of a person isn't a good ocassion to argue abot politics, especially when a great man dies.

Restum in Pacere
    :rose:

15. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Wow, frog, wrong end of the stick mate!

Broz wasnt saying he would shoot Milewicz if he came to Spain, he was saying he would shoot anyone who 'occupied' his country.

Reread the posts mate ;)

And broz, it was a misunderstanding, please dont react :)

-glas-

16. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@ -glas-

Well- i did talked to broz in answer to his post... You've just overlooked my answer and point as it was placed on end of my post :D

17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Of course i don't know who he was, and of course that if he came to my country in times of invasion i would shoot him if i had the opportunity. I'm not arguing about him, frog, just using a single case to explain a generality.
    Of course, everybody's death is terrible, but i hope you understand my point of view.
    P.S: Every journalist knows the risks of going in a war area, as well as doctors, ONGs, burocratic employees, militars... Too bad that almost always pay the innocents for the guilties' sins

Again my condolences to polish people (and every other who has lost someone in that war) :rose:

18. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Thanks and WTG -broz-, S!

19. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    Bunch of fucking schoolboys.
    I cannot understand how hard it is to see a thing and then project forward:
    Shoot at someone. Then that someone or his family or tribe or nation shoots back. Then the one shot BACK at shoots some more. All the while screaming, "He STARTED IT!" Then, of course, there is a bigger better gun wielded by one or the other (Hi-jacked Airliners or B52s) and more screaming "Venegeance Is Mine!" and "He started it!" and "Their human rights record is poor!" and "Saddam killed his OWN people!"
    He started it. No HE started it!
    Fucking schoolboys.
    No wonder kids are marching off to war in Iraq:
    Their parents are kids as are their leaders and their NATIONS are kids. Punks with no brain, just BIG TESTES:
    Mine are bigger than yours!

Warmongers always got a list of excuses, but never a single good reason.

In my country, the press is STILL trying to tell us we and our people are a target of Osama.
    I have seen the film of Osama's successful attack ion NYC. I have seen one THOUSAND films of successful B-52 etc attacks in little countries full of brown skinned people (including Iraq).

I hate like hell people in other parts of the world thinking if you speak English you are then a Lacky Of The Yankee.

Cunts.

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Well said Biles, just the point I was trying to make.

You have a habit of putting things more...eloquently...tho ;)

-glas-