So.., who are US fighting in Iraq against?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by manoce, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ frog: I dont understand...

Broz said if you (anyone) ame to his country and beat up his people, he would attack them back..

Then you appeared to go on a rampage :)D) about how great a person Milewicz is and how you were 'offended' (my word) at how Broz could think of shooting someone you hold in such high regard....

Then I posted.

What did I miss? As far as I can see, the only thing that was missed was you and the point of Broz's post. Please enlighten me :)

-glas-

p.s Just to point out, imo Broz was in NO WAY REFERRING to Milewicz when he said 'if you come to my country and beat my people, I kill you' or words to that effect. It was a 'threat' to anyone who dares to occupy Spain in the way the Coalition have 'occupied' Iraq.

All imo, if I have picked up the wrong end of the stick, lemme know :)

-glas-

2. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    "Gringo" as it is used in Mexico does NOT mean "friend."

Last edited: May 8, 2004
  3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@glas

I'm still not getting the point, but feel no offence and don't bother with that as I'm drinking the 3rd bottle of wine and listening to REM's "Everybody Hurts" at the time.

I'll try to react properly to Your post tommorow, but there's a punk concert in my city so I can not guarantee that :@drunk:

4. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

Great song :)

1 person likes this.
  5. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Now listening to The Doors "When the Music's Over"... even a better one :D

6. Cierzo

Cierzo Well-Known Member

I don't like The Doors :shuffle:

7. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i see u didnt understand simple analogy i used...
    Milewicz didnt invaded anyone, he died because of politics of his country and all he was doin there was an honest report...
    got it clear now?

8. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

btw Mounir Bouamrane died there too..
    he was half algerian, half polish... he worked with Milewicz and lived in Poland for 16 years;
    the car they were riding was marked PRESS

got anything more to say? is my point clr enough now?

Last edited: May 8, 2004
  9. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

smth else- Milewicz wanted to do same think he was doing in Chechenia - meet with resistance commanders and make a interview with them. I'll bet that if he would did it and show that to Poles in tv we could understand they,why they are fighting etc. But not almost all Poles are really pissed on iraquis, especially taht today second polish soldier died there.

10. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well, what happened to Milewicz - that's the risk of his job
    nobody can be blamed, "PRESS" is not the red cross (or halfmoon), i understand that iraquis perceived it as a legitimate target, he could be as well kind of a journalist glorificating coalition soldiers, he could be making espionage for amis etc (i'm just demonstrating how could it be perceived by iraquis)

his death is loss according to what you say, no discussion about that

11. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

i'm lost in the topic.... can't catch what u are talking about...

so... i'm in anything Babek writes!

I only want to notice about the pictures of the GOD-SEND-TO-BRING-DEMOCRACY-US-SOLDIERS in iraqui prisons....

damn, if those are the ones who bring freedom and democracy......

i'd thik twice

And please, don't compare that with the things taht saddam hussain made, he is not supposed to be a democratic human rights defender...

if u think this is only a lonely affair not related to the US intentions in IRaq. please. look further.... it's all about the same... about what the US is making in iraq... and about what is not making (bring peace and democracy)

this war sucks... am i the only one who sees it? STOP THE WAR!

BUSH in iraq: VINI, VIDI... VINCI??

12. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i think ur very accurate in what uve said;
    its not the first reporter who died there and, im affraid, not the last one;
    from the sources ive read western media are seen there as u described;
    some think that it was prepared ambush.. cant say if theres any truth in this... but the iraqi driver was spared with his life; he said they were threaten many times, but Milewicz insisted to go out the camp and make a report of simple iraq ppl life
    cant say how much the truth is in it either..

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

spuint, i think we're oppinating the same thing on that subject, but apparently, wether ican't explain myself right, wether you can't understand me. So, as it seems to be a subject very personal to you (and polish people), i won't say anymore in order to not hurt anybody or offend your people.
    Sry for misunderstanding, but believe that it was nothing critical or political in my posts.

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

sorry but id like to know where im wrong..

u sayin that invaded one can... no.. even should defend himself
    no question about it
    but what is defence and what is blind revenge? killin journalists is country defence? or madrid train attack?

im sayin its wrong to generalize and pack all in the same barrel;
    i probably cant even imagine what ppl out there gone through, but thats not an explanation for madrid train attack, wtc etc.. incuding such acts like journalist attacks
    and this happens because of ruthless anger we cannot stop
    im terribly affraid,
    fe - olympics in athens are imperiled of such acts.. and from now on every media event will be;
    thats all i say - war is just a start; and we have examples whats gonna happen next; id rather let my country vanish and die with it, if i had to kill innocent ppl, couple months old children to keep independancy; but we both know, i think, that it has nothin to do with defence, its just vendetta;

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Madrid, WTC... is different. They come to ur countries and kill. Not at all the same that if i go to their country and i get killed. Hope you see the difference