Tready: Give Fuel Back...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by spuint, May 30, 2004.

?

Would you like the old fuel rates back?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2004.
  1. Yes

75.3%
  2. No

24.7%
  1. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

109g2 internal fuel load was 106 US gallons (same as G6 & G10 so flight time gets shorter & shorter for the Gustavs, but they get faster also, so maybe range is similar), P-51d's was 269 gallons (85 in fuelage tank, 92 in each wing)

2. Pikkot

Pikkot Well-Known Member

Yes Spuint you made mistke. I've burned 60% of fuel in p51 and it took me less then. No way to make 150mins.

3. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

rgr, so that must be on 1.0 (or 0.9..?);
    well forget about my p51d objections then ;)

4. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

CC THAT ,This game is going to quakeing this way.If I take off , I want to be able to fly 30-35 mins in fighter at least.I personally don't give a shit for realism in this matter.Wonderful feeling when you have to worry about your fuel right when you are just GOING to enemy area! Ain't it enuff hard to get out there alive without having to worry about running out of fuel? ;)

5. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

1 of the worst things german pilots faced during the battle of brittian was knowing they only had 5 min of fue over britain, less if they burned it in a fight b4 they had to turn and go back home. many pilots went down in the strait out of gas. so maby this is the "realsim" everyone speeks of now....
    get there find fight fast hope they dont hit ur fuel and hope u get back home :(

6. ~peek~

~peek~ Well-Known Member

at least give buffs 100%, b17s do NOT make good gliders

7. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Do we fly BoB ???
    For the realism. For fighting high alt buff rides 109 had enough fuel to climb persue the bombers, get good attack position and fight some time (if not shot down). The realism should be the 40min of flight. Now it is almost imposible to fly the plane the way it should be flown.

8. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

From rgreat's post. There you can see that the plane with less range has 0.64H of flight, that's more than 35 mins. Of course, if you want to climb to 7 km, it will be hard, but..... can't have all (or so i think).

@Spuint: I don't want you to leave, but i'm a bit tired of people menacing to leave to try to make force vs admins. That's all

9. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

divide it by 2 ;)

10. RolandGarros

why does La-7 have shorter flight time than 190d9? listed range for La-7 is over 900km & 190d9 is under 900 & 190d9 is faster so shouldnt La-7 have longer flight time (especially since La7, if above deck alt, would be flying with less than full rich mixture)?

11. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

who cares about shortrange fighters RolandGarros
    p38 seems to have nice flight time! :D

12. RolandGarros

ah, i havent tried the lightning yet since the new patch, got so used to use it as a anti shipping plane & that is how i think of it now...guess i have a day or 2 to try it...

13. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

RolandGarros, I don't understand why you worry about La-7 endurance. It seems to me you have not understood the new rules of arena. Standard fighters for reds now are P-51 and P-38, the rest are point defense interceptors. Endureance is not an issue for an interceptor.

;)

greetings

P.S. To answer your question, maybe the range of dora was increased because it could use a drop tank IRL.