Decide what to drive!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, Oct 29, 2004.

?

Which Car should I buy?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2005.
  1. Toyota Celica

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Chevrolet S-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Some Pre 1972 Classic Car

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Something else "enclose in your post"

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@Lesio

I guess You prefer canned beer also... aluminium freak :p ;)

(sorry for the reply being in english and not in Polish, but I thought others here would appreciate the fact, that they will be able to understand it)

2. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I did consider a VW GTI, but for the price, Ther performance of a Toyota Celica is much better, even though the VR6 is a very nice motor.

Ive grown up around cars and am very keen on performance, Not one of those stupid, now typical american Teens that say their Honda Civic is "fast" just cause they put a coffie can muffler on the thing....stupid kids.

Id love a classic, but gas...plus I got that 1960 GMC that just needs 100% cosmetic work but the engine and driveline are perfect.

Audi's are out of my price range, and I have looked at several early 90's and mid 80's 3 series BMW's but the parts for them are still ridiculous in America. As far as getting a rocket, In america I could get a 1989 "ok, its not a peak year" I-Roc Z camaro that would outrun any ricer for less than 2k dollars.

Thats handy cause my budget is going to be about 2k-2.2k dollars......So far, It looks like Im getting me a Toyota Celica for the sake of performance,gas,insurance,and price.

3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

For 2k-2.2k dollars one would get a 1988-91 BMW 3 series, with a 1.8, 2 or 2.5 lirte engine and lots of extras here... buahahaha... living in Europe rocks :D

4. plushack

plushack Well-Known Member

Buy FSO Prima or FSO Celina :p

5. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

@tigrou---> Your Citroлn Rocks!

Why Oh Why don't they make Beautiful cars anymore.

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

@plushack

A po co?- i tak Polonezy są do d... :D

7. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ami is cool, but old DS is muuuch prettier

8. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

I would like to have one of these :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. plushack

plushack Well-Known Member

@Frog pierdoly oplatasz :p

10. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

Absolutly! but think about the hydrolic system repair :-/
    AMI= 2ch(2 horses) = many pieces available on occasion market

@ vojtas, mustang?, those car are cool, american call them "dog car" i think.

11. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

toyota celica of 92 93 is ok

12. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Is that a early 70's Mustang Mach-1? Looks like it.....In America, For 2.2k Dollars or less, you will only find 88 if not 85 or older BMW 3 series and their usually beat on pritty bad. But as you can find them for cheap.

If were talking about an unlimited bank account I would go for 1970 AAR Cuda, but last I heard, one went of a half million dollars U.S. at auction....Makes sense since there were only 1000 built....so thats un-realistic.....As much as I would like a classic, the Celica GT looks like the winner, Id go for the Supra, but they cost about double if not tripple the cost of a celica, plus insuranance on it would be very expensive......Damn America.

13. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Tigrou, my father have 4th citroen in his career. Firt was GS, next BX, AX and now Xantia and never-ever had problems with suspension or brakes, it's just undamagable ;) now i'm saving money for some old crap, i was looking 1995 renaul19for just 1500euro :)

14. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

Being myself European I'd choose a modern common rail turbocharged Diesel engine car, say a 1.4-1.6 litres, 68 to 100 HP. Those built by PSA group (Citroen and Peugeot) are very nice engines, able to run for 22-24 kilometeres with 1 litre of oil. But I guess those cars are not available in US...
    Nevermind, it just I like efficient engines.

And for classic car I'd go for a Jaguar E type 3.8 litres. Because it's the Class(ic). :)

And at 16 years old buy only what you can really afford. Or go crazy and buy an Italian car! :D

15. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Man, Over here in america, even a crappy peugot or or audi will run you 3k dollars "to much" plus the parts are ridiculously pricey. I hate honda for the most part, but always liked Toyota and some of Nissan "gatta love the 4runner".

I must say your lucky to be able to go out and cheaply get what are considered "performance" cars here, but I wonder, How much would It cost any of you europeans and such to buy a 1960's Mustang or a '67 Camaro? I dont even know if any were sent over seas without people personally requesting one....

RUNNING LIST
    1. Toyota Celica GT
    2. Chevy S-10/GMC s-15/GMC Sonoma
    3. BMW 318/325 "Doubt it, most the ones I find are junk"
    4. VW GTI/Rabbit "Only if it has the VR6
    5.Chevy Nova '1960-1979" -bad fuel economy plus insurance
    And after that I just plan that maybe Ill go to a factory Auction and luck out with a random car thats a 2000 or newer for under 1k bucks.

IMHO Italy only makes nice engines, but I dont much dig the cars. I wouldnt argue with much anything from Germany, Infact my uncle wants me to bid on a 2000 VW Passat with the VR6 next weekend. But I wont drive any dorky car like a cabriolet or some honda civic.

You can get VW Microbus's here for cheap, but they are slow and I dont need my parents or the cops thinking Im a stoner "Dont ask me how the bus got a stoner rep".....Celicas are cool, I think I will live :)

16. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

was in atuo parts store wehn gye came in for bmw distributer cap. No one could belive it, 45 dolors for a 5 dollor part on us cars :)... imports or for winies who like waisting money

17. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

suberu imprezra. all wheel drive rallie car. you'll blow thos coffie canned civics doors off.

18. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

better find an old diesel mercedes(20 years) for same price :)

19. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

Celica is pretty cool, even with 1600ccm engine it moves pretty fast, 2000 is really fast, and it's handling very good (my neighbour have '94 celica). But...if you want a car different that ANY other you have to buy "maluch"

Mercedes suxxx especially old diesels. they're big,slow, and expensive in use (dunno how it's in other countries but in Poland you're paying taxes for engine capacity,and the're same taxes for petrol and diesel engines. Cars with engines bigger than 1800ccm are pretty expensive,belive me).
    I'm also looking for old Citroen BX, about 15 years old. It was pretty cool car, with 88HP 1600ccm or 120HP 1900ccm engine and weight belov 900kg it was a rocket, and very comfortable for even 5 persons

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  20. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

BX 1900 120 HP?? are you sure?my uncle had one and car was a "family car"(sedane or like it s called), and my father had opel kadet gti 1.8 and had 115 hp and yes it was a rocket