Decide what to drive!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Allsop, Oct 29, 2004.

?

Which Car should I buy?

Poll closed Feb 5, 2005.
  1. Toyota Celica

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Chevrolet S-10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Some Pre 1972 Classic Car

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Something else "enclose in your post"

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

cool. I guess you would like also fiat126, the young brother :) My father's first car was "Zastava" cant't remember where were did produced, in Hungary, Czechoslovakia, whatever, but it was licensed 500.
    Maybe you will also like another polish miracle - syrenka 105 (the siren), it was powered by 3cylinder engine from waterpomp :D
    [​IMG]
    isn't it wonderful?;)

2. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

great choice Roman, although i prefer normal Testarossa from 80's - a symbol...had pleasure of driving one of those in south of France...quite uncomfortable, very noisy (forget about radio) but...it has a soul and 400 hp can take u into other dimension in a matter of seconds (it isn't really that hard to drive it)

PS. last time i checked, prices start from 40000 euro

3. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Is that a REAL Ferrari or a replica? The nose looks weird to me. Or was there a facelift in the '90's? My fav dreamcar is the Shelby Cobra, the 427. Never seen a sexier car.

[​IMG]

4. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

That blue vette for me, thank you... :super:

airfax :@drunk:

5. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

The Shelby was a awesome machine, but a tight fit for bigger guys, and even with the roll bar, if you were taller than 6 foot you had to worry about your head getting bludged in if the car rolled "short wheelbase means it could flip easier than you think" while Id love one, Id much rather go for the 1958 Corvette Convertible....one of the first fuel injected sports cars that the average american could find a way to get :)

And If you could pay for the gas now-a-days and are looking for ultimate classic american Style, nothing says it like the '49 mercury...God Id love one of those....

6. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Fortunately I'm barely 5'9", so gimmie that Cobra. ;)

7. Kutya

Kutya Banned

Yeah, old hot-rod cars I'm in love with them... used to see a turquise/white '57 Bel Air around here, man, is that a beauty!

8. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Ferrari 512TR can run at 315 kph. Thats 25kph faster then oringinal Testarossa. (Not to mention 50hp more) ;)

4.7 sec to 100 kph. :super:

It also have cleaner lines.

I bet it have a better cocpit also. :)

9. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

I don't have a car (my father does in my hometown) and my bike is broken, I take the subway or the bus (line 67) to go everywhere in the city :D [​IMG]

10. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I take a bus or ride a bicycle. Ya don't want to ride a bike ANYWHERE in Canada for about 8 months of the year.
    Where I am, the public transit costs extra during "Peak Hours" [Canadian stupidenglish for RUSH hour]. Rush hour here, in my city has been defined as 5:30 am until 6:30 pm.
    Drunks are interesting.
    I like to fart in a crowded bus.
    I once fucked a chick in one.
    One time I had to throw up but the fuckin' window was jammed shut... ALL the windows were [some suit in the Provincial Capitol decided that opening a bus windows was UNsafe]... it was an "express buss" and the cocksucker who was driving would NOT listen to my pleas to "Pull the fuckin' buss over man!"
    So I lifted my tee shirt up and made a little bowl out of it and hoiked up my pizza/red wine/stomach acid broth. The fuckin guy pulled over. As I was leaving, I said, "Here, you prick!" and served him the bowl of gastromix right there at the entrance of the bus. And I said, in passing, "Next time, PULL OVER when I ask you you cocksucker!"
    Now, if I had been driving, all I would have had to do is roll down the window... I wouldn't have even had to roll to a stop...

11. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Ah yes... throwing up in buses...

:D

Here in England they drive like they have 'The Evil One' on their 6. So fucking violent acceleration/deceleration. Mixes up your stomach pretty well. Once I didn't manage to hold myself (man, trying to hold down your puke requires Dalai Lama meditation skills!) and I threw up in the Coventry Citizen (I think it was that newspaper, there were lots lying around). The look on the passengers' faces was priceless. If I was not so fucked up, I swear I would have laughed my ass off right there and then!

:rose:

12. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

I like to sit in the bendy part of the buss.....your body goes one way while your feet get pulled another......simple entertainment.

13. Kari

Kari Well-Known Member

Allsop, you live in The One and Only Country that has produced the most
    beautiful cars ever (zem, you may stuck that RS up where ever you wish :D),
    and you keep talking about imports!!!! OH Shit. Eg. that -58 vette, one of
    the finest classics ever. Support your local motor industry, get yourself a decent
    car, not a lawnmover :super: Support small block or big block or Hemi or your
    favourite in the fields of making fine engines that play in octets.

14. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

The 500 is quite different though! One of the smallest cars ever!!!! :D

[​IMG]

15. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

My transportation:
    [​IMG]
    Dutch train, type "Hardloper"
    [​IMG]
    Dutch train, type "Sprinter"
    [​IMG]
    Dutch train, type "RegioRunner"
    [​IMG]
    French/Belgian/Dutch high-speed train, type "Thalys" (new model TGV, called "HSL" in Holland, used on Paris-Amsterdam route)
    [​IMG]
    German high-speed train, Type "InterCity Express" or "ICE" (used on Amsterdam - Frankfurt route)

[​IMG]
    Dutch regional bus ("Connexxion"), Mercedes-Benz
    [​IMG]
    Dutch city bus, Rotterdam (RET or "Rotterdam Electric Tram (company)"), Den Oudsten customized Volvo bus.
    [​IMG]
    Rotterdam subway ("RET Metro") at station Wilhelminaplein (Erasmus-line), model 1999.
    [​IMG]
    Rotterdam tram (RET), new model ("Citadis")

And when I've got some money to spare, I drive around in a luxurious Mercedes:
    [​IMG]

16. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

What's wrong? You don't like 4.2 liter V8's with a bi-turbo? You don't like 450hp?

Or you don't like the subtility of the design?

[​IMG]

Oh well, opinions ;)

<Z>

17. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

450 hp? Average fuel consumption per 100 kilometers? ;)

18. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Damn, sebbo. Quit raising the stakes! (frantically reaching for camera) ;)

19. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    I know it's old and all, but when I was a kid I wanted one of these. Either this or the simple GTi.

:D

[​IMG]

20. Allsop

Allsop Well-Known Member

Kari, Ive said it so many times now it makes me sick....there are alot of reasons I cant own a classic car despite how badly I would love to have one...
    1. Price, A good running classic car that is in good condition with a respectible year would cost a fortue...a fortune I dont have at 16.
    2. Fuel Prices- Big Block, A word that doesnt work well with fuel consumption...it would get very expensive as my daily driver and basic transportation.
    3. Insurance, V8 in america means you better have a fat wallet because unless you agree to only drive the thing like 100 miles a year your going to pay an arm and a leg for insurance.
    4. The art of the find. Do you know I only wound up with that 1960 GMC because My grandpa GAVE it to me?
    5. I live in washington state, the west side, its wet and damp here year round, classics rust easily, and on the east side, "mt. st. helens" blew before I was born and most clossics have ash in their intake.

So its not that I DONT WANT A CLASSIC, but that I CANT AFFORD to have a classic, while I could buy a Ricer that runs forever "i hear 200k miles" before needing any major work and they are cheap on gass and insurance.

If I opened a pay pal account would you all donate to me? lol.