Dunno how true this is...

Тема в разделе "Warbirds International", создана пользователем Glas, 13 дек 2005.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    There's no need to check every and all of the citizens to get an average. That's why averages are that, else would be an absolute number. If that sample is large enough, then it's representative of the whole community. Of course there are peeks and exceptions, but as a whole, an average is a good indicator of IQ or any other thing you want to measure. Anyway, that's not the point of this discussion

2. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    I suppose, that Lynn and Vanhanen are idiots :) I am very serious. Let's take an african hunter that cannot read, knows not a single mathematics formula, but is capable to down an elephant with a single spear, can track down any life object in savanna even days after it has passed, and can survive all his life where common "civilized" person would die because of the lack of shitpaper... Well, how to test IQ of that hunter?

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Well, then my dog or my cat are geniuses. They can smell a female kilometrs away, they can live in the nature, and they can follow a path where a living being has passed. That's not intelligence, that's survival

P.S: I don't mean to compare african people with animals, is just that his example is ridiculous

4. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Симпатии:

This is why I love Grobar's words. :mafia:

5. biles

biles Well-Known Member

Симпатии:

!!!

Eur fuckin eka

6. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Actually Bush is quite clever in how he worked on getting relected. He played the Religious card.

See this extract:

Taken from Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty by Kitty Kelly

Could then raise the question is Religion and IQ linked?

Mal

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Vadim's post was to do with primal instincts. IQ has got fuck all to do with survival of the fittest or any shite like that.

It is an indicator of a person's overall intelligence. The fact that the table I posted at the beginning appears to be actually correct gives credence to IQ tests since I have no doubt that people from the South have a lower level of overall intelligence. Same as Africans.

Of course they are good at what they are good at. But almost always what they are good at is of a physical nature, whereas a person with a higher IQ will have a better mental ability.

From dictionary.com

Intelligent:

2. Having a high degree of intelligence; mentally acute
    4. Appealing to the intellect; intellectual

But nothing regarding skill at manual tasks.

8. Vadim Maksimenko

Симпатии:
    And I want to say that metering anyone by the standards they don't care of -- very self-overestimated :) As an extreme example you may meet an alien, that will read your minds, transfer objects with the help of his brain power, have starships, travelling in warp space... But he will suck in various SATs, cause he just doesn't care to read your puny texts and you are afraid to explain anything, cause you saw him to evaporate a "wise guy" few seconds before :)

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    We spend all day in the fields picking cotton and singing spirituals... :rolleyes:

1 человеку нравится это.
  10. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Maybe it''s just the dumbest one in their planet, and is placed to an exile, since being a homicidal and too lazy to read written instruction will lower the IQ of the planet.

:D

11. Vadim Maksimenko

Симпатии:
    Dogs and cats use their senses, hunters use their visual abstraction abilities, they cannot smell the paw tracks, but they easily "read" broken dry grass, bits of hair in the bushes, characteristic marks of presence, king of eaten folia or grass or prey... These are not feelings, but analysis. Knowledge of weak elephant spots is not a feeling as well, but the elders' transfered experience. And survival IS intelligence, cause people have no razor sharp claws or teeth, capable to draw life from a strong prey. We don't know how to find water in arid savanna, a hunter knows, because he is familiar with sings where to look for (he cannot smell the water as animals do). He is way intelligent. The only problem: his intelligence comes from nature around him, not from stupid geometry forms and same stupid logical puzzles. About logics: he will ask you -- what does that mean -- red sun at the dawn and strong wind, coming from the mountains? Do you know? -- Well, he knows perfectly well, cause it's so logical :D

12. Vadim Maksimenko

Симпатии:
    Why do you think that reading/writing is a corner stone to civilization? Why would you need it when you transfer minds and ideas directly and you don't need libraries because all aliens brains are just cells of a mental superstucture that exists and evolves sinse they felt themselves sapient?

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Exactly! :p

Of course I didnt mean all. But there is definitely a correlation between that graph and reality. It has been admitted by both squirl and another Yank poster whose nick escapes me right now.

Put it this way, i'd credit you with having more intelligence than me ;)

As I said above, 'intelligence' is a mental strength. IMO mental awareness would be required to understand the full implications of, for example, voting Dubya. Hence Dubya did not do too well in the Northern states.

Black and white (or blue and red) to me, even though there are idiots in north USA and highly intelligent people in the south.

Put it this way, in Scotland some 15-20 years ago, the Conservatives were voted completely out of Scotland. Not a single seat in the General Election, even though they still won the Election itself (cos of course the English voted for them en masse). And we know what then happened to the Conservatives - 3 lost elections on the spin. So, if you done this test in the UK, what's the bets the 'north' would fare better again? ;) :D

(sorry mal :shuffle: )

14. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    [​IMG]

No comment.................

:D

Mal

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Probably for that fancy alien we're retarded. But in OUR standards (that is, 1st world), intelligence is different than senses

16. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    That's not intelligence but learning. A whale knows that by releasing air bubbles in a pack, they can make a "trap" for fishes and get lots of them easily. Are they intelligent? Somehow yes, but i wouldn't say that. Monkeys can use a stick to introduce it in an ant nest and eat them that way. Are they intelligent? No, they just learned. You and me could recognize a path in a forest with the appropriate teacher, that's just imitation. Intelligence is something more. Maybe if they had a teacher, they could get better marks than any of us, but, nowadays, they are less intelligent than us according to the purely mental abilities. Even if they can survive in the desert

17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Btw, in no way i'm trying to say i'm better than noone, just that, according to what WE define as intelligence, 1st world is more "intelligent" than 3rd world (3rd world exists inside 1st world, btw)

18. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    And how many ancient cultures we know that didn't use reading and writing? Writing makes history, and civilization borns by it's history. Otherwise it's just a sidemark in another civilizations history book, like spanish intelligence or Namibian cross country skiers.

19. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    or finnish wig-dressers :D

20. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Симпатии:
    Speak for yourself and not for others.
    [​IMG]
    Berkeley (students actually took control of a building)
    -----
    [​IMG]
    University of Washington
    -----
    [​IMG]
    New York University
    -----
    [​IMG]
    University of Washington
    -----
    [​IMG]
    Kent State

Education does not improve the intellect of unintelligent people. It only gives them more tools to carry out their stupidity. Urban centers have the highest incidence of educated stupidity and are therefore the largest enablers of stupidity. The pictures above are conclusive evidence of that.

Последнее редактирование: 14 дек 2005